Help with Adobe Acrobat Reader Forms

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Darren Crouse, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Darren Crouse

Darren Crouse Stunt Coordinator

My wife is applying for her Bachelor of Education this year and the forms are in .pdf files. She would like to find a way to type her responses into the respective boxes as she doesn't have the neatest pen(wo)manship around. Can this be done on the free Acrobe reader at all or are there programs that can allow one to fill the lines in through a word processor?

Any answers would be both appreciated and insightful,

Thanks,
    Darren Crouse.

2. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

You can't edit PDFs with the free Acrobat reader. There are programs that will let you though. I google'd "adobe edit" and found a few including this

3. Steve Berger

Steve Berger Supporting Actor

There are some fill-in PDF forms (the IRS has them for instance). You can fill in the blanks and print the result. You can't save the result as a file but you can print it. This capability is determined by the PDF form supplied not necessarily the reader (I use Acrobat 5 right now although 6 is out). Trial and error would be the quickest way to check on the forms you have.

4. Seth--L

Seth--L Screenwriter

I have the full version which allows you to place text boxes onto documents - I use this functoin to do what you want to do all the time. The free version may have it.

You can save the changes, only if you first save the file to your hard drive (I did this with college applications).

5. Christian Behrens

Christian Behrens Supporting Actor

Christian Behrens

6. Seth--L

Seth--L Screenwriter

Read-only may be selected under document properties, attributes.