help with adding an image to my signature

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Wooten, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

i was wondering.. i have never been able to have my picture show up. i was wondering if someone could tell me what im doing wrong. now i know in my profile im supposed to do..
    page i do that. but it never shows up. i usually always link a page like this for example.. http://www.geocities.com/mulder101361/mi2.jpg a page with no adds. or anything else for that matter besides the picture. yet i never can get my image to show up. can anyone help me please?

2. cafink

cafink Producer

Carl Fink
    Some websites — Geocities included — don't allow you to link directly to images on their server.

3. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    I see it now... a revolving Superman logo.

It's geocities (they use a cookie, I guess). Recipe: go to their site now (e.g. by clicking your link, above), use the back-button to get here again. Presto, you see the signature!

But not the other picture, Matt, that one is no good. And of course, this won't work to your satisfaction either. You'll have to find a web-provider who allow you to link to your website.

Cees

4. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

thanks guys. you have finally helped me to acheive the almighty picture signature. :: gives you both fifty bucks ::

5. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

I would like to do this also. If geocities does not allow you to link directly to images on their server to their site, what place will?

Jon

6. Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten Second Unit

well i linked my pics from an actual site.. meaning a site w/out blah blah blah/page/blah blah geocities blah blach.com

hopefully that helps.

7. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Write a private message to Parker. Sometimes he can help you. Include your sig pic.

Cees