1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Help with 8" drivers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nathan J, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Nathan J

Nathan J Stunt Coordinator

OK, first off, I have an older set of Phase Technology speakers, but I need to replace the 8" woofers in them...one is completely blown, and the other one has all the foam ripped away from the frame, so its on its way out.
    I love the tweeter on them, and I did'nt really want to get rid of them, so I asked how much it would be to get the drivers replaced,....A recone is like $45, and a new woofer is $90. So I was thinking that maybe I would be better off ordering a set of drivers from Madisound or PE, maybe Scan-Speak, or Peerless, or something.

Anyways, If anyone has any ideas, let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Nate

2. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

You have 2 choices, recone/replace with the stock woofers. Or replace with different woofers and as a result build a complelely new crossover.

The drivers and the XO are a 'system' each related to the other. You can't change one without changing the other

3. Nathan J

Nathan J Stunt Coordinator

OK, thanks for the help...Maybe I will just get a Phase Tech replacement driver.

I thought that maybe there would be some other woofer that would work just as well, but I really dont have the time or the space right now to get into a crossover project. [​IMG]