1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

Help with 8" drivers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nathan J, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Nathan J

Nathan J Stunt Coordinator

OK, first off, I have an older set of Phase Technology speakers, but I need to replace the 8" woofers in them...one is completely blown, and the other one has all the foam ripped away from the frame, so its on its way out.
    I love the tweeter on them, and I did'nt really want to get rid of them, so I asked how much it would be to get the drivers replaced,....A recone is like $45, and a new woofer is $90. So I was thinking that maybe I would be better off ordering a set of drivers from Madisound or PE, maybe Scan-Speak, or Peerless, or something.

Anyways, If anyone has any ideas, let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Nate

2. ThomasW

ThomasW Cinematographer

You have 2 choices, recone/replace with the stock woofers. Or replace with different woofers and as a result build a complelely new crossover.

The drivers and the XO are a 'system' each related to the other. You can't change one without changing the other

3. Nathan J

Nathan J Stunt Coordinator

OK, thanks for the help...Maybe I will just get a Phase Tech replacement driver.

I thought that maybe there would be some other woofer that would work just as well, but I really dont have the time or the space right now to get into a crossover project. [​IMG]