What's new

Help with 5.1 speaker layout. (1 Viewer)

skuzzzzy

Auditioning
Real Name
mike
just order a home theater setup for my room just looking for best spot to put my speakers.
ordered,
polk audio monitor 70 (2)
polk audio cs2
polk audio PSW505
and im ordering polk audio monitor 30's for rear soon.
would put 1 tower next to my desk in the corner but read its bad to be close to the wall.
so im guessing all i can do with the towers is on the sides of the tv stand but spacing wouldnt be very far apart.
i was thinking of putting the center on the floor infront of the tv stand and putting something under it to tilt it up.
was looking at putting the sub under the desk on the left side but didnt know if that would affect the hard drives in my computer above the desk? if so the only place i can imagine putting it is in-front of my bed.
rear speakers, i can mount two on the wall above my bed, or one on the left wall facing me and other sitting on my dresser facing me?
let me know what you would suggest in doing with my speakers, thanks.
will mostly be used for watching movies / shows, hardly used for music. most use will be from my bed not desk although i plan to use on computer aswell.
img20120710055919n.jpg

img20120710055928.jpg

img20120710055944.jpg

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Well, tough room...
But...
You might be able to put the TV right on top of the speaker. The TV won't weigh too much...just depends if the base of the TV will fit the speaker. Otherwise there are shelves you can get that would mount on the TV and the speaker would go above.
As far as the 70, "best place" is on both sides of the TV stand itself...as "equal space" from the TV is better than anything else.
And with all speaker placements...
You have to go with what sounds good to you vs placement options. Your current room layout isn't conducive to audio...but bedrooms hardly ever are.
Another option...
Your big TV could pull double duty as your computer monitor allowing you to get rid of the table...then add the PC to the theater??? (just a thought)

skuzzzzy

Auditioning
Real Name
mike
schan1269 said:
Well, tough room...
But...
You might be able to put the TV right on top of the speaker. The TV won't weigh too much...just depends if the base of the TV will fit the speaker. Otherwise there are shelves you can get that would mount on the TV and the speaker would go above.
As far as the 70, "best place" is on both sides of the TV stand itself...as "equal space" from the TV is better than anything else.
And with all speaker placements...
You have to go with what sounds good to you vs placement options. Your current room layout isn't conducive to audio...but bedrooms hardly ever are.
Another option...
Your big TV could pull double duty as your computer monitor allowing you to get rid of the table...then add the PC to the theater??? (just a thought)
tv is 720p so isnt very good for a monitor plus my monitor is 120hz.
where would i beable to find something that lets me mount the center on top of the tv as a shelf?
ive tried to also find a box that would sit on the tv stand that the center could sit in and tv go on top of but not sure if that actually make something like that.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Ahh, yeah, they never made 720P 120hz LCD.
http://www.amazon.com/ScreenDeck-Shelf-Your-TV-Things/dp/B004GKM4DQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341985959&sr=1-2&keywords=center+speaker+shelf
And oh yeah, I forgot the cs2 is a trapezoid, so it is already shaped to "face up" if you just turn it over...so your TV wouldn't sit on it anyway.

skuzzzzy

Auditioning
Real Name
mike

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Ok, that "link" for "that" center speaker mount was just a reference.
Center speaker mounts can be had anywhere from $25-$125.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks