What's new

Help with 4K settings - My biggest fear came true, someone gifted me a 75” UHD TV (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
Yes, I know I am being dramatic but it’s true. It sounds petty but I’ve always taken months of research to choose and buy a new TV. A very nice person gave me a Samsung 75NU6900 as a thank you gift. They knew I was shopping for a 75” TV and surprised me.

return or exchange is not an option.

I’ve set it up and watched the only UHD content I have: streaming. Picture looks horrible. Now of course this is subjective, most of my family think it’s fine. But the picture looks washed out. I set it to “movie” and looks bleak, played with all settings and can’t seem to “fix it”. Tried different input (HDMI 1 and 2) and tried different sources (Disney plus and VUDU on Apple TV 4K)

then I watched a Blu-ray Disc (1080HD) and the colors, brightness and contrast were fine. What gives? How can the same movies on disc be so much better. Is the problem the Apple TV? Am I missing a setting?

I am NOT talking slightly better, I am talking night and day. Once they saw the discs even my family had to admit the difference.
Any suggestions?

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
From the reviews I've read the Samsung has the worst upscaling to 4K. Are you using the upscaling in your BD player? That may explain the difference.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
You could sell it if you don’t want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks