Help with 47tx and sub

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim Baloga, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Jim Baloga

Jim Baloga Agent

I can't get my B&W ASW675 to fire. I set the fronts to small, and it pulled the base from the fronts but won't send it to the sub. I sub was hooked up to the HK AVR 520 right before this and was working fine.

Please help.

Jim

2. MikeRP

MikeRP Supporting Actor

Have you been thru the auto setup Jim? I believe if anything is set to large the sub setting has to be plus.
    If everything is small the sub setting is yes. This may not be perfectly true but it should give a lead to look at. I had the same problem I think when the center was set to large and the FL, FR set to small and sub to yes. I had to change the sub to plus.

I think this is done after auto setup under the normal setting option. That's the way my 45TX works anyway and I think they are similiar.

Mike

3. Jim Baloga

Jim Baloga Agent

I'm not working on surround yet, just stereo. I have set the fronts to small and the sub to on.

Jim

4. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

Okay I know that this sounds really basic...but are you 100% sure you've plugged it into the correct jack on the the back of the receiver?

I know a guy...
    a friend of mine... uummm,
    this fella I met once who made that mistake!

Okay okay it was me!! Happy Now?!?

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Speaker size setting is one thing, but you may also have to tell the receiver you have a sub. Just a thought, as well as the connection possibility, as Frank has mentioned. >raises hand< done it before also. [​IMG]
    By the way, Jim Baloga, you are not allowed to list your gear in your signature, as it clutters the search function.

6. Jim Baloga

Jim Baloga Agent

Frank,
    I've done stuff like that before, so I've checked it lkike 5 times already.

Sub is on, speaker setting is correct.

I don't know what to do now...

John, thanks for the info on the signature I will remove it.

7. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Jim,

Are you using one of the DSP's, or 'Direct' mode to test stereo sound? Check the front display of the receiver to make sure the sub is activated with the soundfield being used (I think it's on the righthand side of the display).

The MCACC automatic calibration program will send a signal to the sub during calibration. Run this to make sure the subwoofer output is working properly on the receiver. With my 47TX, MCACC set all my speakers to 'LARGE', but this is easily changed in the setup menu.

8. Jim Baloga

Jim Baloga Agent

The receiver is not sending a signal to the sub, I'm exchanging it for a new one.