What's new

Help with 24 Inch Flat TV's (1 Viewer)

Bill Will

Screenwriter
This may sound like a dumb question but does anyone know of a 24 Inch Flat Tube set that has an audio output & the speakers in the tv can be turned "off"? A friend of mine wants a 24" set & wants to hook it to a receiver for audio but it doesn't make much sense in you can't turn the speakers "off" in the tv or on a fixed audio output can you just lower the volume control on the tv & it will send audio out to the receiver? Thanks!

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Dean, I'm not following you? The Audio will becoming out of the tv & running directly to the receiver. He isn't using a Cable Box or Sat Box. Maybe I should have asked it this way,
If the volume control on the tv is turned all the way down does it affect the volume level on a "FIXED AUDIO" Output & will the audio volume level be high enough with a "Fixed Audio" Output sent directly to a receiver?

Bill Will

Screenwriter
So what your saying is that a "FIXED" AUDIO OUTPUT & A "VARIABLE" AUDIO OUTPUT are both controled by the tv's volume control? I thought only a "VARIABLE" Audio Output was controled by the tv's volume control. Just about every 24" set I've seen has a FIXED AUDIO OUPUT. I guess he's just going to have to call the manufactures because I'm sure none of the stores are going to have a 24" set hooked up to a receiver & you can never trust what a salesman will tell you about something like an "AUDIO OUTPUT" they usually will tell you what you want to hear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rekhasharmatdiu
Recent bookmarks