Help with 24 Inch Flat TV's

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Bill Will, Nov 21, 2003.

1. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

This may sound like a dumb question but does anyone know of a 24 Inch Flat Tube set that has an audio output & the speakers in the tv can be turned "off"? A friend of mine wants a 24" set & wants to hook it to a receiver for audio but it doesn't make much sense in you can't turn the speakers "off" in the tv or on a fixed audio output can you just lower the volume control on the tv & it will send audio out to the receiver? Thanks!

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Dean, I'm not following you? The Audio will becoming out of the tv & running directly to the receiver. He isn't using a Cable Box or Sat Box. Maybe I should have asked it this way,
    If the volume control on the tv is turned all the way down does it affect the volume level on a "FIXED AUDIO" Output & will the audio volume level be high enough with a "Fixed Audio" Output sent directly to a receiver?

3. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

So what your saying is that a "FIXED" AUDIO OUTPUT & A "VARIABLE" AUDIO OUTPUT are both controled by the tv's volume control? I thought only a "VARIABLE" Audio Output was controled by the tv's volume control. Just about every 24" set I've seen has a FIXED AUDIO OUPUT. I guess he's just going to have to call the manufactures because I'm sure none of the stores are going to have a 24" set hooked up to a receiver & you can never trust what a salesman will tell you about something like an "AUDIO OUTPUT" they usually will tell you what you want to hear.