Help with 1st HDTV Purchase

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Pete D, May 1, 2002.

1. Pete D

Pete D Agent

I'm looking at buying a widescreen projection HDTV. I'm thinking somewhere between 42" and 55". I would like to keep the price between $1500 and $2500. I've heard Toshiba's have the best picture quality at that price range. Is this true? Are Panasonic's any good? Any other suggestions?

2. Phil L

Phil L Supporting Actor

3. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

Take a look at the panasonic 47" widescreen which can be had for around 1699..Ir has received some good reviews...The toshibas have always been well regarded but this years models upconvert 480p to 540p which introduces some artifacts in the upconvert...

4. Robby

Robby Auditioning

My free advice, do the Mitsubishi 46". It is the only manufacturer with an "upgade promise." They are designed and assembled right here in the US too. Never mind the "red push". For around $2000 you can't be too discernig. Just budget for a good progressive scan DVD and cable to make a world of difference.

5. Pete D

Pete D Agent

I don't know, my friend has that same Mitsubishi you're talking about, and I don't think the picture is anything special. So far, I definitely think the Toshiba's picture is a lot better.