What's new

Help!....what has happened to my Pioneer? (1 Viewer)

Alan Lackey

Agent
I have an older Pioneer SD-P5075 that has been a wonderful set. This morning when my son turned the system on it looked as though a red spirograph was going nuts on the screen. Turns out the Red gun is out of convergence and is uncorrectable.

Is this simply a convergence circuitry problem I can have repaired or is the red gun going out?

Thanks for help in advance!

Alan

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi Alan, I sent you an email with my phone #. Call me and perhaps you can better describe the problem.

Regards

Gregg

Darcy Hunter

Stunt Coordinator
Gregg,

I've got a question about my Pioneer 582-HD5. I've had a recurring problem with my convergence. It seems the red has trouble staying still (it appears to "jitter"); this has happened on and off since I've had the TV, and because of a bad experience with my local service rep, I didn'e get it fixed. Now there is a better qualified rep in town, but I'd like to really get a good idea of what the problem could be before I contact them. Any help would be appreciated.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi Darcy, Ive seen several sets where the convergence grid moves around (jitters) but no problems with the actual picture. I have read that others have reported the same problem and it has "just disappeared".

If you picture is fine and or is your convergence grid fine in the user convergence? If so a tech most likely wont do anything.

If the above isnt so, then most likely your convergence board will have to be replaced.

regards
Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks