Help! What games are good for 6 year to 10 year olds?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Luke_H, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Luke_H

Luke_H Stunt Coordinator

I'm looking to get my nieces and nephews some Gameboy color, or gameboy advance games.

Anyone out there have any suggestions on some fun games for these kids?

One of them really likes Monsters Inc. I saw a GBC monsters inc game, haven't found a review on it yet.

Any input would help.

2. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

I have a friend with an 8 year old daughter who plays on our Playstation occasionally, and 9 times out of 10 will insist on playing Bust A Move 4 in exclusion to anything else. There are a whole bunch of the Bust A Move (otherwise known as Puzzle Bobble) games available; just pick whichever one you can get reasonably.

Mr. Driller is a work of genius as well, and is on the GBColour.

3. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

If you're looking into buy Gameboy Advance games, I would recommend Super Mario Advance and Mario Kart Super Circuit.

For the Gameboy Color, I heartily recommend either of the two new Legend of Zelda games, Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons. Both are utterly magnificent.

4. Luke_H

Luke_H Stunt Coordinator

Thanks. Mario Kart is a good choice for the advance. She already has mario advance.

For the color, I think the Zeldas are too hard. I may try the Mr. Driller. I just think he's too young for anything too hard.

You know, I bet if I just ask them, they will know what they want.

5. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Just to warn you Luke, I never said Mr. Driller was easy (at least not not on the higher difficulty level)! Its just that its really simple to pick up the idea of what you're supposed to be doing. Working those blocks fast enough without it all going horribly wrong is the fun, challenging part.

6. Luke_H

Luke_H Stunt Coordinator

difficulty level noted. Perhaps a game for Uncle Luke then? [​IMG]