What's new

Help! What Damage if They Have to Split the Cabinet? (1 Viewer)

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
My first HD TV is being delivered tomorrow (after only 15 years of waiting). If they have to split the cabinet to get it through the door to my apartment, should I expect to have any problems with the set because they split it? The set is a RPTV 65" Toshiba.

I appreciate all comments.

Thanks

Artie

John S

Senior HTF Member
Uhhh, are you sure that is even an option? Most 65" CRT RPTV's, cannot be simply split up. So, in short I have my fingers crossed for you, that it fits through the door.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for responding John.

The specs for the 65 H 84 include the following statement. "split cabinet design". I found a link to the procedure and it is something that should only be done as a last resort, however, if the whole cabinet simply will not fit through a doorway, the set has been designed to be taken apart so that the 2 sections can fit through the door and then resassembled. I am praying that they do not have to split the cabinet.

Thanks

Artie

Joe*C

Grip
Arthur, can you please post the link to the procedure? I plan on purchasing the 57HX94 when it's available, and the split cabinet design was a major selling point as I need to get it down to my basement. Thanks!

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hi Joe

I will look for the link as soon as things calm down. In the meantime, if I can't find the link, I can get a copy of the 2 page document and mail it to you. With a little luck I'll be able to find the link.

Not to worry, I'll get it to you one way or another.

Thanks

Artie

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Good news Joe. Try this. Search split cabinet using the slowest search from the drop down menu. On the first page of results, look for a thread named "51 H 83 in 2 pieces". The thread was started by Mike Boniferro, and the link to the split cabinet is in one of the responses.

If you have a hard time finding the link I can Private Message you so that you will find the link for sure.

Thanks

Artie

Joe*C

Grip
Artie, thanks for taking the time to dig up the link. Looks like I am in a "last resort" type of situation. Now it's my turn to pray and hope for the best. Then again, I have until November (when the 57HX94 is expected in stores) to think of an alternative solution. Thanks again.

- Joe

Tyson Wetzel

Stunt Coordinator
splitting the cabinet's no big deal, a few screws and a couple of plugs, very easy to put back together correctly

Tim Robbins

Agent
Don't worry, this is no big deal at all. I have split many 57 and 65" toshiba's while moving them. Never saw any adverse effects...knock on particle wood.

Tim

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Hallelujah!! They did not have to take my 65 H 84 apart to get it up a lot of stairs and into the apartment. They did have to take the apartment door off but that's nothing.

Waiting for the cable guy now. Tonight should be fun!!

Thanks to everyone who contributed to my thread.

Artie

Mike Boniferro

Second Unit
Glad to see that you had no problem getting the TV in!

I also counted myself as lucky for not having to take my 51" apart as I thought I would (hence the thread that I started last year about it).

Since that time I have taken apart close to 20 51", 57" and 65" TV's to get into some very tight places, and it is EXTREMELY easy, so anyone who is worried about it shouldn't be. The only thing to even think about is remembering to undo the clip that connects wires between the screen and the bottom portion. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks