HELP! watching European socer in the U.S. (Germany v Holland)

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Greg*go, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

A friend of mine is currently going nuts because tomorrow Germany plays Holland, and he has no where to see it! (that explanation point is there for his behalf). I told him he's never going to be able to find a spot since it's the freakin first round, but he's being very persistant. But, we live in the Philly area, and the closer to the Northeast, the better. He just got off the phone with the turf club, and that's a no-go. I doubt we'll be able to find any place

So assuming that no one has it on TV here, is there anywhere online you can look at a live stream of the game? He's jumping all over the place, apparently it's a big rivalry. (if he read that sentence he'd hit me over the head for the understatement). Hmmm, I guess most of the people that can answer this question are all ready in bed, so hopefully I can get an answer sometime tomorrow. Thanks guys!

2. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

I guess, the title should say "football" instead of "soccer," huh?

3. Peter Burtch

Peter Burtch Stunt Coordinator

At least two bars I know of here in Chicago will have the satellite feed available for their customers. Entrance fee is ~$20. I'd call around a little more for sure. I find it hard to believe Philly is any different being a major city. Call around to some of the 'ethnic' pubs (i.e. UK/Ireland/Scotland/etc.) who show sports on TV. Yellow pages is where I'd start not knowing Philly myself.

Good luck.

-Pedro

4. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

Thanks, I'll suggest he do the Yellow Book, I never even thought of looking up a bar there since there are two on every corner. He discovered it's also available via PPV. He's willing to spend the $20, but he isn't going to be near his home when the game starts.

5. DrewSmith

DrewSmith Stunt Coordinator

darkhorsepub.com is in phiily

Dark Horse Philadelphia
    421 South Second Street
    Philadelphia, PA 19147
    Phone: +1(215)928-9307

6. DrewSmith

DrewSmith Stunt Coordinator

Fado Irish Pub
    1500 Locust Street
    (215) 893-9700

O'Neal's Pub
    Third and South Streets
    (215) 574-9495

couple more

7. Haggai

Haggai Producer

Uh, yeah, I assume he would. It'd be like somebody in Europe saying, "My friend wants to see these Red Sox and Yankees fellows playing each other. Maybe those teams have a bit of history between them, or something like that." [​IMG]

8. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Second Unit

9. Vincent Matis

Vincent Matis Second Unit