What's new

HELP! watching European socer in the U.S. (Germany v Holland) (1 Viewer)

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
A friend of mine is currently going nuts because tomorrow Germany plays Holland, and he has no where to see it! (that explanation point is there for his behalf). I told him he's never going to be able to find a spot since it's the freakin first round, but he's being very persistant. But, we live in the Philly area, and the closer to the Northeast, the better. He just got off the phone with the turf club, and that's a no-go. I doubt we'll be able to find any place

So assuming that no one has it on TV here, is there anywhere online you can look at a live stream of the game? He's jumping all over the place, apparently it's a big rivalry. (if he read that sentence he'd hit me over the head for the understatement). Hmmm, I guess most of the people that can answer this question are all ready in bed, so hopefully I can get an answer sometime tomorrow. Thanks guys!

Peter Burtch

Stunt Coordinator
At least two bars I know of here in Chicago will have the satellite feed available for their customers. Entrance fee is ~$20. I'd call around a little more for sure. I find it hard to believe Philly is any different being a major city. Call around to some of the 'ethnic' pubs (i.e. UK/Ireland/Scotland/etc.) who show sports on TV. Yellow pages is where I'd start not knowing Philly myself.

Good luck.

-Pedro

Greg*go

Supporting Actor
Thanks, I'll suggest he do the Yellow Book, I never even thought of looking up a bar there since there are two on every corner. He discovered it's also available via PPV. He's willing to spend the $20, but he isn't going to be near his home when the game starts.

DrewSmith

Stunt Coordinator
darkhorsepub.com is in phiily

Dark Horse Philadelphia
421 South Second Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147
Phone: +1(215)928-9307

DrewSmith

Stunt Coordinator
Fado Irish Pub
1500 Locust Street
(215) 893-9700

O'Neal's Pub
Third and South Streets
(215) 574-9495

couple more

Haggai

Senior HTF Member

Uh, yeah, I assume he would. It'd be like somebody in Europe saying, "My friend wants to see these Red Sox and Yankees fellows playing each other. Maybe those teams have a bit of history between them, or something like that." :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks