What's new

Help w/ Weak DVDPlayer Audio (1 Viewer)

GlennAC

Auditioning
Greetings All,

My very first post is asking about boosting the volume of DVD audio when played through my Dish Network box and then to my Sharp Flat panel HDTV. I’ve got to crank the volume of the TV all the way up to get any decent sound from DVD movies. Satelite broadcast audio is great and I’m frequently rushing to turn the volume on the TV down when I switch from DVD to Satelite.

DVD player is a Samsung DVD/VHS model #DVD-V3500 (S-Video Out (DVD Only) / Component Out (DVD Only) / and Standard RCA Out (DVD & VHS)) Currently using Standard RCA Out as I still want to access VHS Tapes.

Dish Network 811 HDTV Receiver

Sharp Aquos LC-G324U Flat-Panel HDTV.

I've got the DVD player going through the Satelite receiver so I can access DVDs via the Satelite remote and not have to change the input mode on the TV itself each time I want to switch between Satelite and DVD. That way I only have to keep the DVD Player and Satelite remotes and put the TV remote away. (BTW; I've tried all the Samsung codes on the satelite remote but I still can't get the one remote to control everything so I just use both.)

I seem to have tried every possible configuration (RCA, Component, S-Video. . .), but can’t seem to improve the audio level of DVD play-back. Before we got satelite and the HDTV, audio from the same DVD player was great. Are the other units gobbling up power and reducing the DVD players audio output? Do I need a better performing DVD player? How about some kind of amplifier between the player and the Satelite receiver?

Thanks for any suiggestion anyone can provide.

Glenn

John S

Senior HTF Member
So I would assume, if you hook the unit up normally it plays ok????

I'm not really grasping what you are try'n to do here....

I see no reason to not run it directly. But you at least have to do that to see if it is the box or not.

I mean, are you putting your display on Channel 3 or something? If so, connect up to the display using a proper AV input. If you don't have any AV inputs, replace the display with a modern piece.

Jorge M

Stunt Coordinator
I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I think the solution to the problem is to connect the DVD player directly to the TV and buy a universal remote. Universal, upgradeable, learning remotes can be as cheap as $30 nowadays. Plus you'll probably get a better quality connection by eliminating the sat receiver from the DVD chain.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks