Help w/ switcher for 6 ch analog-TA-P9000ES?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Norman, Mar 25, 2002.

1. Mark Norman

Mark Norman Extra

Mar 2, 2002
    I origanlly posted the model Number wrong in another thread.

Any info on this piece as a switcher for 6 ch analog inputs?
  2. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

Mar 4, 2000
    Mark, I picked the Sony up last week for my MC system using the Pioneer DV-47A all format player. Since the Pioneer plays all formats I initially figured I may not need the Sony but after reading & posting around I pulled the trigger and am glad I did. I have the Pioneer input into one of two 5.1 analog in's of the Sony while my original two channel rig with the Rogue preamp goes to the Sony's stereo 'bypass' input. This leaves another set of 5.1 analog in's & the 5.1 'bypass' of the Sony still open. The single set of 5.1 analog out's of the Sony are connected to my amps which have no gain adjustments.
    So far the Sony has done a very admirable job with no sound or noise of it's own. It allows for front balance, center, surround & SW gain adjustments. I still have to play my stereo rig (Rogue pre) via the Sony to see if there's any degradation but with all indications I don't expect any.
    From what I can tell the only gripe I have with the Sony is the lack of Bass Management but if you understand where it comes from (designed to compliment the Sony 9000ES pre/pro) the BM omission is quite logical. On the other hand the Outlaw ICBM has only one set of analog inputs so technically one has to combine both to get multi-input switching & BM. My estimate is soundwise the Sony should be the same if not quieter than the Outlaw. One other gripe on the Sony is the open set of inputs may one day tempt me into getting another player but gotta hold back for now. [​IMG]
    Finally if all you need is a plain switcher with no need for any gain adjustment etc. Shawn @ SMR (?) makes & sells a switcher for ~$200.