What's new

Help w/Setting up Sony DVP-S7700 DVD (1 Viewer)

R0b

Auditioning
I have a Sony DVP-S7700 DVD player, Sony 36" Wega, Denon VR-1803 Receiver, and Klipsch System 6 Surrounds.

I have video hooked to the TV, by S-Video and Audio carried to the receiver by means of Optical Cable.

My question(s)

1. At times (late at night as i live in an apartment), i want the audio for the DVD movies to come out of the TV and not the surround sounds speakers. Do i need to hook up RCA cables from the DVD to the back (or front of the tv) and leave the receiver off to accomplish this without doing damage to the DVD player as i would now have 2 audio connections going out?

Bob Saylor

Stunt Coordinator
ROb,
I've hooked my DVD players up just that way several times. It won't hurt a thing. In fact, the only thing you may want to watch out for is that when you are using your receiver you may want to turn down the TV volume. (The DVD sound will also be output from the TV.)
Just run one set of audio cable to the TV and another to the receiver. Enjoy!!! :)

R0b

Auditioning
so basically just turn the receiver off and the RCA cables will now carry the audio. Do i need to go in the setup menu of the DVD player and turn the Digital Output to "OFF" so it doesn't ruin the speakers on my tv? Just wanna make sure i don't break anything :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks