What's new

Help w/ R3 retailer + Oldboy DVD.... (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
First of all, I want to ask you guys if you've ever used AsianDB.com to purchase any import R3 DVD's and if so, are they honest and reliable? Did you receive your items right away and without hassle? Should I feel safe about placing an order through their site?

Second is in regards to an OldBoy DVD set that they have listed.

Has anyone EVER heard of a SIX DISC box set in R3??

I'm sure we all know about the limited "Ultimate Edition" 4-Disc set that was released by Starmax which included a movie disc, 2 discs of extras and the soundtrack... but what about a six-disc collection??

Here's what I see listed on their website:

BUT... than they also list this 4-Disc set for significantly cheaper:

What worries me is that it seems to be the EXACT SAME box set, but that they're just not showing the "birthday present" packaging that the inner box fits into.

I want to know if there are actually 2 different variations of this box set and whether there IS indeed a six-disc set that comes with the outer "gift box" packaging and than a 4-Disc set that simply offers the copper box?

I just don't want to pay an extra $100 and find out it was a listing error on the site and that no such thing as a 6-Disc set exists. I haven't seen it advertised anywhere else on the internet...

I know it "appears" that there are indeed 6 discs packaged in that first photo, but you never really know what it's all aout so I wanted to confirm with you guys...

I'd REALLY appreciate your help because I'd like to try and place an order asap while this is still available, Im just skeptical of the listing as well as the reliability of the site.

Thanks in advance!!!

Charlie_K

Auditioning
Hi, the six disc set contains Old boy SE and Old boy UE. So it contains two editions of the same movie. Copper box was designed to hold old SE and new UE. Hope this helps :emoji_thumbsup:

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot Charlie, but I have to ask... what's the point??

Is it because the transfers are different? I know I read that they were color timed differently and I believe one has a DTS track but otherwise... same thing?

Is there any point in going for the 4-disc over the 6-disc.

If DTS track is available, why would anyone revert to watching the non-DTS encoded disc? Unless the transfer is significantly different?

Charlie_K

Auditioning
SE has dts track, but only Dolby Digital 2.0 track.
UE has only Dolby Digital 5.1.
I don´t have any of these editions of this movie, so I cannot tell you about picture quality, but I think read, that the colors are different.
If you want to know more about both editions, try forum at dvdtherapyjapan

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks again Charlie.

And for a movie like this, I would never chose either DD 2.0 or 5.1 over DTS!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks