What's new

Help! w/Pioneer DV-440 DVD (1 Viewer)

Robt_Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for reading.

This is the first time I've had a problem with a brand new electronic gadget, and I've been buying for 20 years. Anyway, since I moved from Philly to the stix of Western PA, electronics dealers are few and far between, so I bought this DVD player off of ebay for a half way decent price. It plays OK for the first five minutes, and then it starts pausing (kinda like a layer change pause) every 30 seconds or so, and then throws the audio and video out of sync. The DVDs I have been trying work OK on my PC, and it also does it to the CDs and CD-Rs I've tried. I probably have to call Pioneer tomorrow, but is there anything I can try tonight so I don't look like an idiot? The nearest service center is 47 miles away, and of course there is no returns on the item from the ebay vendor.

BTW, after this, only Crutchfield or a trip to PGH to buy from a real store. I've learned my lesson.

Thanks.

Bob.

Gary Kellerman

Stunt Coordinator
Whatever is the problem, if you bought this machine new from an internet dealer, does the dealer specify any gurantee on the unit and who makes the repairs. You may end up making a 47 mile trip with a repair estimate high enough to warrant buying a new machine instead. Many members of this forum sometimes pull the plug out of the wall and then replug the unit. Sometimes, the machine might reset itself. You can certainly try that. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.