1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Help W/Denon Receiver

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MikeDE, Oct 21, 2001.

1. MikeDE

MikeDE Stunt Coordinator

Hoping some of you can give me advice. I picked up a Denon AVR-681 (same as the AVR-1601) on a closeout deal. Got it hooked up, worked great for a few hours, but now it won't turn on. After hitting the power button, the display flips through some things, then it shuts off and the standby light blinks. The manual and remote didn't come with it (on order and will take a couple weeks), so I can't check there to see what I may have done or if there is a problem with the unit. Any idea what the problem is? Unplugging and then plugging back in didn't help. Hopefully it's something simple, as flying by the seat of my pants without the manual.
    Mike

2. Myram

Myram Second Unit

Check your wiring on the back of it, make sure there is nothing shorting out. If anything is touching anything around it, it will short out and give you this response.
    Other then that, I can't help you too much.
    ------------------
    Home Theater Page

3. KrisK

KrisK Extra

Try turning your volume down to zero. My kids keep playing with the volume knob and it goes into protect mode when the knob is turned to the max vol.

4. MikeDE

MikeDE Stunt Coordinator

I checked the wires, and none are touching. Put the volume at zero, and it still keeps shutting off. Left it unplugged for a while, as perhaps it needs to "reset" or something, but no change. Thanks for the tips, but I'm still at square one.
    Mike

5. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Unplug everything from the receiver and then turn it on. If that doesn't help go to the page where it talks about resetting the microprocessor. If that doesn't work take it back.
    Kevin
    [Edited last by Kevin. W on October 21, 2001 at 07:32 PM]