What's new

Help: VHS VCR with HD monitor? (1 Viewer)

BrianGC

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,
Do any of you use standard VHS vcr's with HD ready TVs? Do you see any difference with the HD ready set vs. a regular TV?

I tried to do a test at the store a while back by recording a tape at home and then having them hook up one of the display VCRs to an HD ready set. I wanted to see the worst case so I recorded in EP. The picture seemed somewhat "jittery", but I'm not sure if that would be the case all the time or if it was because the tape wasn't played on the deck it was recorded on or what.

Thanks for any comments,
BrianGC

Scott Barnhart

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott
Brian,

I just went from an analog 31" to the Sony 40" XBR800 HDTV. We use our VCR to record analog cable shows in EP. While I did notice that it looks much softer/less-detailed on the 40" TV, I didn't notice any jitter or other weird artifacts. Also, I don't know how much of the softer look can be attributed to moving to a much bigger TV versus going from analog to an HDTV monitor.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
There are some S-VHS recorders that have S-Video connectivity. S-Video tends to give a better picture, even with standard VHS tapes. For best results, there are S-VHS tapes, but they are considerably more expensive.

Good Luck !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks