What's new

Help using digital video transfer program/editing (1 Viewer)

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
This is my first time trying to transfer video from my Sony Trv22 to my pc. I installed the included software (Image Mixer 1.5) and connected via usb. I installed everything the manual told me to do and followed all steps.

I captured the video with no problem. However, when I go back to view the mpeg is has absolutely no sound. Also, I'm unable to select and view or edit the file in Image Mixer. It lets me do nothing in the edit area.

Any ideas?? I'm helping my sister's friends for a project they're doing. I was hoping to edit scene transitions.

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Well, a friend of mine was over whom is studying to get is masters in computer science. He was a good help. :)

We did simple editing (cropping of bad frames, that was all) and have a "final" edited .avi. Does anyone know of a good program that'll burn to a CD, so I can have a video CD?

I'm hoping that the local high school has a DVD player of some sorts. They're cheap. :)

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Sorry, mods. I'd have posted it here but didn't feel it had anything to do with a HTPC. :frowning:

Jude Faelnar

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Adam:

** Does your mpeg's now have sound? Would you mind telling us how your friend tweaked your system? I have a friend with a similar problem as you mentioned, and we'd be very interested to know how you resolved it.

** Thanks.

JUDE

Adam Bluhm

Supporting Actor
Jude,

It does now have sound. I'll try to remember what he did. :)

I think he downloaded a program called virtual dub. I forget if he captured the video to the pc via that or if we used the program included with my sony cam, but used the firewire port this time. .. kinda forget what we did.

Anyway, we ended up doing simple editing in virtual dub. It's a bit of a crude program, but my friend said it's decently powerful and free. :)

I guess if you're having no audio problems, try the firewire port or try another program. Hopefully that will correct it.

Also, I was directed toward this program at another forum. It gives many options to encode avi's to burnable mpegs. It took some getting used to for me (I'm a video and editing newb :) ) and I was unsuccessful in my efforts to get decent video quality. The sound quality was fine, but video was VERY compressed. Try it and see if you like it!

Seth--L

Screenwriter
Basic question:

When you went to capture were audio 1 and 2 tracks also selected to be captured along with the video? Sometimes the default in these programs is set only to capture video and timecode.

Jude Faelnar

Stunt Coordinator
Adam and Seth-L:

** Thank you for your prompt reply. I'll tell my friend about your suggestions. ;)

JUDE

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks