Help using archives...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Buzek, Aug 9, 2002.

1. James Buzek

James Buzek Auditioning

I'm not sure I understand the hardware forum archives. I have an older TV (Toshiba TW65H80) and I know when I got the TV, it was pretty popular. There were many topics on the Forum dealing with tweaking and calibaration. I am trying to find some of these as I would like to 'tune up my tv'. Are the Archives complete. When I search them for either my user posts or TW65H80, nothing is returned. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    James

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    James:

If anyone has discussed the 65H80 and you put that in the general search (not just in the archives themselves) you will get results from the membership. The archives are mostly older posts that have had lots of replies to them or were tranferred over to this server when we moved over from the UBB software.

I would try just using the main search and see if anything comes up. You could also just post a question to the membership in the TV area about any tweaking suggestions and I am sure that you will get plenty of great responses.

Parker

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

To expand on what Parker said: the "archive" does not contain every old post from the forum- rather archived posts are placed there manually when a moderator feels the info contained within is important enought to save.

The archive serves as a a special area to place post which we feel should be available long term...

The main forum areas contain, basically, all the posts since we switched from UBB to VB.

-V

4. James Buzek

James Buzek Auditioning

Thanks for the help guys. This is the BEST home theater forum on the web.

Thanks again,
    James