What's new

Help Trouble Shooting the "Sony SA-WM40" Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

Fennuci

Auditioning
Real Name
De Tomaso
I have no sound from my "Sony SA-WM40" sub. The unit appears to power-up but there is no sound. I would like to know if there is anyone with knowledge of this unit and any advice in DIY repairs ,or, where I might be able to have it diagnosed.

I found a site that sells amplifiers under various manufactures. How can I match it to my unit or can I use whichever one selected ?

I have the unit connected properly and the cable appears to be working. My HTsystem shows there is a signal to the sub out although when I plug a regular speaker to it there is no sound or response of any kind.

This has not worked for many years and have recently attempted to see if it can again be used. I did connect it and had it working until I unplugged it to place it in another location. When I did this and re-connected it, it was again not working.

I am no tech but because it did work I am perplexed by the sub. It is a good sub for my needs when it works and would rather keep and repair it than buy another.

I assume the speaker is good as I did have sound from it and it was never played loudly.

If there is anyone that may have any input it will be greatly appreciated.

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
Supply the model # of your home theater system, and how you have it connected (speaker wire, or RCA line level).

darkknight2124

Auditioning
Real Name
darkknight2124
yeah you can get help form this web site it is hometheatresystem-cool.blogspot.com

I got help once from there may u can too.thanx

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shooje
Recent bookmarks