What's new

Help Translate writing on German mustard container (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Hello,

My friend just got back from Germany and she brought me back some mustard. It's the kind in the metal tube (like toothpaste). It's been a LONG time since I studied German and I'm curious as to what it says.

The brand is: Löwenserf

One tube is Green and says "Mittelscharf" (does that mean Mild?) and the other one is Red and says "Extra" (I think I can decifer that one :D)

Under the ingredients it says:
Frisch germahlene Senfkömer aus den besten Anbaugebeiten der Welt.
I think I recognized the word "Best" in there :D. Does anyone know what it says? And does anyone know how good Löwenserf brand is? Is it a common mustard or a fancy one?

It's really neat having mustard in a tube. My dad said they used to use tubes like that years ago. Pretty cool.

Zane Charron

Second Unit
The brand is common here. It's a good mustard, but I wouldn't say any better than some in the States. There ARE some great mustards over here though. Particularly some of the French mustards. I mean Freedom mustards. ;)

Zane Charron

Second Unit
Yes, the packaging is common for most condiments. Mustartd, kecthup, mayo. I don't like, just because it always reminds me of toothpaste. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks