What's new

Help - To repair or not? (1 Viewer)

Pat Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Just completed a move and my 27" Panasonic set was injured in the process. It must have been jarred or shaken too much, but basically whenever the set is touched now, there is a flutter to the picture. Sometimes just the tremble of feet walking by causes this to happen.

I'm not sure if this is something I could fix on my own (possibly just needing to tighten something) or do need professional repair? The predicament: If I can't fix it on my own, is it worth the cost of repair or should I scrap the set and go for a new one?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Well, something happened during the move. (When moving, you should transport the TV separately, if possible--in your car's back seat, if there's room. They don't take to being jostled around too well.)

I wouldn't attempt to go into that set's innards myself--dangerous. Your best bet is to call Panasonic and get the name of a factory-authorized repair center that will come out and pick up the set personally. If the repair bill is hard to justify, it's upgrade time.

Anybody else have any thoughts?

NathanS

Agent
It sounds like one of the welds was broken on the shadow mask frame. If that's the case, you'll need a new tube. I'd just go ahead, and get another TV.

Pat Ford

Stunt Coordinator
Ah yes, exactly what I didn't want to hear, but anticipated. Thanks for the replies. I was going to get a new set in the near future anyway, but hoped this would transition into the "2nd T.V." slot in the apartment. Hmmm, I wonder how much enjoyment I can salvage from the set by dropping it out my 5th floor balcony?:)

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
I can't imagine that a repair bill would be much less than a new 27" TV. Look on the bright side: You have been granted permission to buy a new TV!

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks