What's new

help to design 11.1 channel Home theater. with Audyssey DSX Wides and Heights channels (1 Viewer)

Faysee

Auditioning
Real Name
Faisal Sajjad
Hi, i am new to this forum, i want to upgrade my home theater from 5.1 to 11.2 channel, please advice, i am not a person who go after brand names etc. i believe in what i hear and what is in my budget. i have fairly large dedicated home theater in my house basement Size is approx 28' x 42' i would prefer dedicated processor for future upgrade option. according to my experience it is really painful and time taking job to match amplifiers and speakers once they are matched i would prefer not to change them. if the newer sound format is inevitable i will simply replace the AV processor.

all experts advice will be highly appreciated. please also suggest amplifier output requirement. i like my music and movies loud so suggest (Av processor + Power amplifier and Speakers)

in last.... please accept my apology in advance for my poor English because i am not native English Speaker.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Welcome to Home Theater Forum Faisal. Its kind of hard to make speaker recommendations without a better understanding of the room and budget. Do you want your four rear speakers to be mounted in columns, on wall, in wall, floor standing, etc. Are you going to have a screen and projector? Will the speakers be behind the screen or around it? How tall is your ceiling if you want to install height channels.

Currently there isn't anything I know of on the market that actually supports an11.2 configuration. There are plenty that support 9.2 and the Denon AVP is going to get an upgrade that will probably do 11.2. There should be new products announced late this summer, so stay tuned.

Faysee

Auditioning
Real Name
Faisal Sajjad
I would like to have my rear and side surround speakers on wall, front speakers on floor around the screen and center speaker on stand, as i mentioned earlier i have plenty of space, as far as height is concerned its 13' feet currently but it will be reduced to 12' feet because i have a plan to install fall ceilings. (is that enough for height channels? what do you suggest?) i have solid concrete walls and ceiling it will be very difficult to install in wall speakers. thats why i am avoiding in wall speakers.

i am leaning towards Definitive Technology speakers i have never heard them myself but i have read lots of positive reviews about them on Internet and Magzines if you have ever auditioned and listen these speakers please share your personnel experience, klipsch is also definitely on cards.

any suggestion about Integra DHC-80.2 processor or Integra DTR-80.2 av receiver because

Denon AVP processor is too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks