What's new

Help this noob hook up some speakers (1 Viewer)

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
I've never had speakers like this.

On the back are four ports. Two for tweeter, two for bass. The cable I'm using to hook into the receive has four cables on the speaker end. Two are 'high pass', two are 'low pass'. Which goes to which?

Thanks.

Jason.Soko

Stunt Coordinator
Are you POSITIVE that the four terminals are for tweeter and woofer and not just biampable terminals. If they are you need to be running lines from a crossover to those speakers. You sure these are not like car audio speakers? hehe.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I'm confused by jason's post. Which then got me confused about your post dave.

So yeah, even though i'm confused, ill try to help. :D

If these are normal speakers that are designed to be passively biamped, then each pair of binding posts goes to their own "way," in a 2-way speaker, one feeds the tweeter, the other, the woofer.

I can't tell from your post, but if you are biWIRING, it sounds like you have a speaker cable with two leads on one end, that splits and feeds four ends on the other. In this case, connect the two-lead end to your reciever, and REMOVE the jumper bars connecting the pairs of + and - terminals at the speaker, then wire the two plus wires to the two plus terminals, and the two - wires to the two minus terminals at the speaker. Hope this helps. I believe thers is an explanation on biwiring and biamping in the beginner's primer. Read that too, if you need some more info.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
You'll have to expand a little bit on your speakers, because jason seemed to think from your post that you have separate crossovers that you are then feeding to the speaker. I'm getting more confused. :b

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks