Help! Theres a spider inside my TV!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Stryker, Jun 23, 2001.

1. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

No, I haven't been sniffing glue; today while watching a particularly bright scene in a movie, I noticed a small dot on the screen. Instantly I thought, "Boy, they should make sure the camera lens is clean before doing a shot." And then it started moving. It seems there is a small (about 1cm across) spider on the inside of the screen of my Samsung RPTV... has anyone had this problem before? Any suggestions?
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

2. Kevin Potts

Kevin Potts Second Unit

Suggestions?
    Quit watching Arachnophobia. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG] "Would you fly with him"? "I don't know. I just don't know"

3. Ryan Pream

Ryan Pream Stunt Coordinator

Just wait till he puts up a web and starts catching flies inside your TV. [​IMG]
    Ryan
    ------------------

4. Elbert Lee

Elbert Lee Supporting Actor

WOW!!! What a coincidence! From 10 ft away, I noticed a large black spider crawling inside on my screen as well. It definitely bothered me. I just ended up removing the screen (only about 10 easy-to-reach screws) and used a flashlight to track it down. Surprisingly enough, there were some cobwebs in the corner of the cabinet.
    At first, I couldn't find the sucker...... After clearing off some of the cobwebs, I turned to pick up the screen and just as I turned, the spider was running across the base of the cabinet! It was actualy PURE WHITE in color and still one of the THICK ones. Maybe the CRTS faded the color out of the little guy (Me he R.I.P.)
    Hope this helps...
    Elbert
    P.S. -
    Ryan - very funny - I don't think other bugs would be settling in the TV, but perhaps a pet frog to catch all those arachnids..

5. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Dude! Did you not watch Charlotte's Web? Have you no heart? Leave her alone! [​IMG]
    Seriously, this is not the first time it's been posted here. Good luck getting it out...

6. Michael Lee

Michael Lee Supporting Actor

7. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Fortunately, he fell to his death after I returned from Best Buy with an armload of movies. I watched them for about 6 hours straight, and it appears he jumped to his death from the boredom of "Bad Boys". Either that or he had a lethal dose of light radiation.
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

8. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

I think someone posted the same problem not too long ago in the TV Forum. Try a search and see what turns up. I'm moving this over there.
    ------------------
    --Jay
    "No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
    My Home Theatre Pictures...
    "You're no mesiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

9. Steven_C

Steven_C Extra

About 5 years ago we sold our house and had to live in an apartment for 4 months while our new house was being built. Our Elite PRO-97 was covered up and stored inside the apartment and didn't get hooked up and used in the home theater room in our new house for a few months. When we finally fired it up there was a silverfish that was about 6" up and 12" in from the lower left corner. I removed the contrast screen thinking it was between it and the lenticular screen. Not! It was between the lenticular and fresnel screens. It found a spot about 1" long where they didn't put any tape that holds the two screens together and traveled as far as it could until it squished itself to death. What a bummer that was!

10. Brett G

Brett G Stunt Coordinator

11. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick Supporting Actor

Jason Merrick
    Is this really that common of a problem? Are there any preventative measures that can be taken? Maybe some electrical tape over any exposed openings... hmmm...
    ------------------
    [​IMG]