What's new

Help! There is a spider IN my TV (1 Viewer)

Jason*K

Auditioning
Okay, I did not know where to post this, so please forgive me if its not in the correct place. I really don't know where the correct place would be.

I was watching my TV (JVC 48in. rear-proj. HDTV) and I noticed something in the corner. I went to look real close and saw that it was a spider on the inside of my screen. It was about the size of my fingertip and I could tell it was on the inside because it was basically like a shadow.

I tried switching to different channels just to make sure it wasn't the show I was watching and sure enough, it stayed there.

Eventually it started to crawl to the upper left corner. I tapped the top corner and it reacted to the thumping, so I know it was on the screen and not somewhere else.

My question, has anyone ever had this happen to them? If so, will it hurt my TV? I'm probably being a little paranoid and i'm sure it will die due to heat and of course no food. I searched the back of my TV and I don't really see where it could have gotten in, unless it went through the speaker holes.

Any help? I wouldn't dream of trying to take the TV apart. Should I just wait until it dies?

Nathan_R

Supporting Actor
This thread pops up every now and then. Spiders love RPTVs. It will probably die in a few days and then totally disappear.

Personally, I don't think it's worth taking your tv apart to go after a single spider. If there's a nest in there, that's a different story. :)

Here are some earlier threads on spiders in tvs:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ghlight=spider

Best regards,
~~Nathan

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Resurrecting a really old thread because I just had this happen with my LCD TV. With leg span, the spider is about the size of a pencil eraser. Tried squashing it, then realized it was on the INSIDE on the screen. Didn't want a dead spider corpse in the middle of my picture, so I left it alone.

Should I just hope it crawls its way out again, or is there something I should be doing?

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Hi Adam!

I don't know whether this is even remotely advisable, but the only thing that springs to my mind is spraying through your LCD's vents (I'm assuming that's how the Spider got inside your TV?) with one of those air blast cans that are normally used on keyboards and the like.

If it were me, I'd probably seek advice from a Tech person regarding this, before attempting the above. Good luck!

CHEERS! :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
So for four nights running, it comes out, wanders around the screen for 15-20 minutes or so, and then goes back to wherever it came from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scoundrel
Recent bookmarks