1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Help! The volume LED stopped working on my DB930!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Bart, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Bart

Bart Stunt Coordinator

My receiver has the type of master volume control that is labelled 1 to 10 and when you adjust the volume using the remote, it actually causes the knob on the receiver to move (which I've always thought was kind of cool). A few days ago, I noticed the red LED indicating the current position of the volume control is no longer lit. I don't know much about LEDs, should this be something that's easy to fix? I hate the idea of unplugging everything from the receiver and taking it to a repair shop, but I do like knowing where the volume is currently set (for example, I keep it at 3 or less after 10:00 at night). Any help would be appreciated!

Bart

2. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

Pioneer used to have this setup in the days of pro logic receivers. When the led went out ,I just applied a thin line of whiteout (liquid paper in a bottle) in line with the led. Not over the led just in case it decides to start working again. [​IMG]

3. Andrew Pratt

Andrew Pratt Producer

That was a common issue with the TA-E9000ES pre amp as well. I know it went out on mine but I didn't bother to repair it.

4. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

I no longer use my 930 but the volume light went out a couple of years ago. I never thought it necessary to repair. But it was difficult to know where the volume was when watching a movie in the dark - a little annoying.

Maybe you can find a glow-in-the-dark strip to help you out.

5. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

i too had a 930 and the volume led went out. i got mine repaired under warranty, but that warranty on your 930 is likley long gone. i would suggest either the white-out or maybe some red model paint. i doubt you'll be able to use it in the dark though.

kevin t