Help! SVS setup Question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dalton, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    I just got 2 SVS 25-31's with the samson amp. Can some one tell me what kind of cable to run from the receiver to the amp. I know it can be a composite video cable but the input on the amp don't accept rca connectors. It has a 3 pin style connector. I am a newbie at alot of this stuff. Could someone please help? I e-mailed Tom at SVS but I don't think he is around right now. I would really appreciate any help you guys could give. Thanks.

2. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Dalton,
    Check the box for the Samson. It should have included a mono 1/4" to RCA adaptor. Put this all the way in to input that does NOT have the "three pin style connector" (that's XLR) and you can use any old RCA patch cord after that.
    E-mail us if somehow the adaptor did not get put in the box.
    Take a look at the quick start sheet and your manual too. More about the settings on your amp in there you need to know.
    Ron

3. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Thanks Ron. I took a thourough look around and found the adapter under my dining room table(must have fell out when i was taking the amp out of the box). Now ifeel like a bubble brain. Thanks again Ron. You guys have been great so far. [​IMG]

4. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    Hey, trust me, I have spent hours trying to put various things together only to discover there was a major piece in the box still. [​IMG] Oh well, enjoy the subs!
    ------------------
    My Website: http://www.hometheaterfanatic.com
    e-mail me: [email protected]
    My DVD Profiler
    Paradigm Lover
    Donate to keep the Home Theater Forum up and running