What's new

Help!! SVS $$ in Canada?? (1 Viewer)

Nick V

Second Unit
Can anyone in Canada give me an idea of what a 25-31 PCi will cost in Canadian funds after taxes and exchange, and shipping, and duty (if it applies), etc...

Preferably, someone that bought it with the summer sale. But if not, could you please list what the price in American $$ on the website was when you made your purchase??

I really want to try one of these bad boys out. It's either this or the Carver Knightshadow.

Thanks all,

Nick

Salvador

Second Unit
This link should help
SVS Pricing in Canada
I good rule of thumb is to just multiply the price by 2. It should give you a pretty good estimate on how much EVERYTHING would cost.
I know the tax situation there in edmonton differs from ontario so you might get a bit of break in that dept.
I'm also considering jumping the fence. I've already heard an underpowered dual 20-36CS pair and they blew me and my friend away. I'll probably wait for the pc+ line though.

Levesque

Supporting Actor
Do yourself a favor, help your fellow canadian workers, save a lot of money, don't loose all your hard working on this stupid exchange rate, and buy a Paradigm Sub...Don't fell in this American propaganda... Buy canadian. I just bought a Servo-15 for 1100$ cdn...

Levesque

Supporting Actor
Matthew, just E-Mail me in private, and I will tell you where. My dealer don't want me to put is name on the net... I respect this...

By the way, sorry for my protectionism (my american gene maybe) crisis, but my brother and father-in-law just lost their job (over 100000$/year) because of the taxe our "nice" american neighbors just put on the wood... After pushing the free-trade agreement up our throats 3 years ago, when they see that someone is a lot better then they are at producing something (yes we are), they put an "illegal" taxe on us, and when the court will say it is illegal, all the factory will be closed!!!! Sorry, venting here... So buy cdn, and don't listen to those american guys that are looking (like americans) to there belly button. Since the 11th of september, it's getting worst and worst. Buy a Paradigm sub.

Nick V

Second Unit
The only thing, is that I don't particularly like the PW-2200 and my dealer won't go much lower than $800 on it. I don't think that I could find the Servo 15 for anywhere near $1100 in edmonton and it sounds like those SVS' are superb subs.

My only other question is how do you think the Carver Knightshadow compares to the 25-31 PCi or the 20-36 PCi?? I ask this because, I could get a Knightshadow for around $1100 CDN and that's within $100 of what the SVS' would cost with tax and exchange.

Any opinions on this comparison? (size difference aside)!!

Kevin L K

Second Unit
Levesque--While you certainly have a right to your opinion,I have a right to mine as well.I find your anti-American sentiments highly offensive,inflammatory and inappropriate--not just on this forum--but PERIOD.To mention the September 11th situation in the same paragraph as your anti-American "propaganda"(your words--not mine)offends me as an American.The poster asked for a shipping price--if you feel that he would be better served purchasing a different subwoofer then you should have expressed that opinion and moved on.I am truly sorry for your father-in-law's & brother's misfortune but defending your comments by stating
"Sorry for my protectionism" just doesn't cut it.:angry:
*** Sorry Mods but I'm NOT going to allow someone to make such statements without being held accountable for them.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Lévesque,
Please, leave that sort of sentiments out of our forum. They're rude generalisations anyway and won't enhance our discussions.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
From about 40-45hz and up...the small cube and the 25-31Pci will be close I think. The 25-31PCi would outgun the KS in the 20-35hz range though. I wouldn't mess with the tiny boxes unless it was required by WAF issues. The pw2200 would be a very good choice too...if you can get it 20-30% less cost than the 25-31PCi...that's hard to pass up.

TV

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks