Help. SVS conflict

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rikk B, Feb 16, 2003.

1. Rikk B

Rikk B Extra

Hello folks, I am conflicted between 3 SVS subs and would like some opinions. I am currently looking at the 25-31PCi, 20-39PCi and the new PB1. The main concern I have is the size of the sub.

What advantages are there to the 20-39 other than lower bass extension? For anyone that has the new PB1, are you happy with it and why did you decide upon that sub opposed to the 25-31PCi?

Thanks for any responses.

RB

2. TommyL

TommyL Supporting Actor

Cosmetics has a lot to do with your comparison...You'll be happy with any sub listed there..I use the 2039pci, and it sounds great...heck, if ya don't like it, send it back[​IMG] SvS kicks...you should list how big your room is on here...also, drop tom or ron a email...Any one of the 3 will be fine...there are all very simular...all good[​IMG] tom

3. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Rikk,

Since the first PB1-ISD subs just shipped on Friday, it's gonna be a few days before anyone can help much around here.

Take a look at our FAQ's page for a bit more to help your confliction though. It's not an easy call but there are some clear differences between the two lines. Since performance of the PB1-ISD is squarely between the two cylinder subs you cite, it's the size, shape/style and weight that are the biggest discriminators.

Both the 25-31PCi and the PB1-ISD are pretty tidy packages. Neither would likely ever be called "Small" compared to some of the micro-subs out there.

Ron

4. Lynn Little

Lynn Little Stunt Coordinator

"The main concern I have is the size of the sub."

I must be weird. I'm ordering a 16-46PC+ this week. I like the fact that it's the tallest sub SVS makes. If the one isn't enough, I plan to get a second one this summer. I actually think it would look cool to have two 16-46PC+ subs next to each other.

BTW, I'm not being sarcastic or making fun of you in any way. I think 4 years of my 'little' Sunfire True Sub MkII have given me subwoofer envy! [​IMG]

5. Brian Fellmeth

Brian Fellmeth Supporting Actor