What's new

HELP: SVS 20-39PCi Not Initializing (1 Viewer)

Patrick Zapatka

Stunt Coordinator
Hello!

I am hoping that someone from SVS or someone with a similar experience might have the answer this problem...

I currently have an SVS 20-39PCi that will never initialize - there is absolutely no response from the sub when a signal is sent. But, as soon as I unplug the interconnect and plug it back in, it kicks in and works. It will also start working if a sub test tone is set to about +5.0 or so.

I have tried different interconnects and both outputs on my Onkyo 989. Also, the behavior was the same before the upgrade to the new driver. Any ideas? Otherwise, I guess I'll call them soon. I'm just tired of getting up everytime I play something...

Thanks,

Patrick

Willem Vos

Stunt Coordinator
What is your Gain setting on the sub itself?

If it's turned completely to the right it should be getting some signals, provided the receiver is actually sending a signal...
Also, is there an extra (fine)adjustment of the LFE function on your receiver? Maybe it's set too low.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
It does sound like the preamp level from your receiver or pre/pro is set too low, as was Willem's second suggestion. I'd try turning that up.

Darrin_R

Stunt Coordinator
Unplugging the interconnect while the sub is plugged in is not a good idea. You could get a rather large surge.

You could alway just leave the sub in the 'ON' position rather than 'Auto'.

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Patrick,

As mentioned, you generally DON'T want to unplug cables/wiring from any A/V component with that piece of gear powered up.

1)set the subwoofer to always on(not auto on)
2)double check your receiver setup menu to make sure all speakers are set to SMALL, subwoofer set to YES.

Let me know if this helps,

Tom V.
SVS

Luis M

Second Unit
I know this is getting off the subject but I'll ask anyways. Is it better to leave the sub amp-on all the time?

Patrick Zapatka

Stunt Coordinator
Folks,

Thanks for all the tips. Still no luck, though...

Tom - Yes, those are my settings on the receiver, as well as having the sub crossover set to off (as the reciever is controlling crossover), and volume about four. It is perfectly calibrated to 80 on the SPL meter.

Patrick

Tom Vodhanel

Senior HTF Member
Hi Patrick,

You have tried setting the ON/AUTO toggle to ON and the subwoofer still won't work with source material---even with ALL speakers set to small in your reciever's speaker setup menu?

It sounds like we need to exchange it for a new one then.

Please contact SVS via email

[email protected]

is fine, and we'll get the new subwoofer out to you asap. Sorry for this initial hiccup with your SVS experience too Patrick.

Tom V.
SVS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks