What's new

HELP! Svideo displaying in Black and White (1 Viewer)

AntonR

Auditioning
I am going crazy here, I have a Samsung HCL652W 65" HDTV and it works great BUT whenever I attempt to use the Svideo inputs everything that goes into it is displayed in Black and White. This goes for both the front and back Svideo inputs. Everything else that uses the Component and Composite inputs are in color and work fine. I have tried plugging in different equipment and svideo cables, IE... Digital Camcorder, Xbox, and Playstation 2, but they all show up in Black and White. There are no other video distortions that I can see other than this problem. I will be giving Samsung Technical support a call when I get a chance but in the meantime can anyone recommend anything I can try? Thanks! in advance.
:angry:

MarkDavidson

Stunt Coordinator
I had a very similar problem with a TH65H80. Turned out -- in my case -- it was the svideo cable.

I know you said that you tried 2 different cables, but have you tried to jiggle the cable near the connectors (where it comes out of the receiver and where it plugs into the tv) to make sure that you're not getting bit by flaky cables?

Good luck!

Mark Davidson

AntonR

Auditioning
Hey Mark,

It turned out to be the S-Video cable after all, I tried another type of S-Video cable and now it works fine. I guess the third time is the charm, I could have sworn I tried three or more cables I had laying around so I just went out and bought new ones and they work fine. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread