Help:sub Went Out!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Najib_H, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Najib_H

Najib_H Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys. I juts got my brand new Infinity 120 sub about a month agao and was really impressed with the sound. It would shake my whole house down. Anyways yesterday I was watching Saving Private Ryan and all of a sudden the sub light in fornt was not on. I checked around the sub was not working at all. There was no power at all. I have iot hooked up to the monster cable surge protector and looked at that but everything else was okay. I am so stumped and pissed of that such an expensive sub can go out like that in just a month. I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem. Im going to contact Infinity but the hassle that I have to go through is annoying. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Najib H

Imagine watching Star Wars with no bass!!!!

2. Najib_H

Najib_H Stunt Coordinator

Also does anyone know how good Infinity warrenty is????

Najib H

3. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

The best thing to do is contact Infinity techsupport. They can tell you if there is a fuse/reset button you can try.

TV

4. Travis G

Travis G Stunt Coordinator

You mean they still make the 120? Cool that was my first subwoofer. T.V. helped me build my second before SVS was around (which I promply blew). Oh well, it gave me an excuse to build a bigger and badder one.

Mine started to cut in and out for a time. I opened it up and pulled the spades that connected the amplifire to the drivers terminals and reconnected them and the problem stopped. I would not recommend doing this since your sub is brand new though (as it would probably void your warranty).

Good Luck,

Travis

5. rodney wiley

rodney wiley Second Unit

Possibly an internal fuse. I had a powered sub a while back and it went out. took it to the repair shop and they charged me forty bucks to replace a fuse. Just a thought