Help stop that horrible black bar on TNN.....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Jul 16, 2002.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

TNN has absolutely the worst onscreen id. It is a black bar that goes across the entire bottom of the screen. The do this by squishing the picture so it will fit. The black bar stays on the ENTIRE TIME the show is on. It normally just displays the name of the show you are watching. It also mentions what is coming up or any other ridiculous nonsense. TNN thinks nothing is wrong with this. If this catches on. It will be seen on more tv channels. TNN has the rights for all of the Trek tv shows(thank goodness the dvd's of the shows are out or coming out). But, their are other shows on or coming to TNN that I want to watch, but cannot deal with that bar.
    Here is the link to where you can complain to them:
    http://www.thenewtnn.com/mail_form.jhtml
    Even if you don't watch the channel. I urge you to let them know you don't like it. The bar could be coming to a channel you watch. If it doesn't stop here.

2. MickeS

MickeS Producer

This got my rage up again! [​IMG]
    I managed to contain it long enough to put together this though:
    They don't care though, I'm sure.

3. Jereme D

Jereme D Stunt Coordinator

I really don't mind the black bar. It's very small.

4. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I wonder why they even bother having feedback sections when they don't really care what the viewers think.

5. Craig_T

Craig_T Second Unit

Just wait until the black bar becomes like a stock ticker and starts scrolling advertisements throughout the program. It will probably gradually expand in size too. The black bar is a test to see how much bullshit people are willing to put up with. I don't even want to imagine what cable tv is going to look like in ten years. Just 10 years ago you could flip all over the dial and hardly ever see any logos and certainly no intrusive crap like this. If TNN gets away with this, and I don't see why they won't, then more stations are sure to follow in the quest for more revenue streams. Especially since some stations (like TNT) are already beginning to complain about Tivo-type devices that can skip commercials. They will justify these sorts of moves by saying: "Hey, we've gotta show ads during the programming now because too many viewers are skipping the conventional ads."

6. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I've provided my support by emailing my disgust. I'm sure they'll ignore it, but I'll do anything to get rid of obnoxious bugs on broadcast TV. I was horrified when we started getting the VH1 logo everywhere, I knew it would just get worse... but everyone ignored it then.