What's new

Help - Stevie Ray Vaughn and his music in movies. (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I hope I'm not the only here who likes Stevie Ray Vaughn, but it's occured to me that a whole lot of movie directors apparently do, because his music is inserted into the strangest of places. I just want to know what some of those movies are. So far they're:
Varsity Blues
- When Billy Bob plays "shots", you can hear "Texas Flood" playing in the background
From Dusk Till Dawn
- During the bar scene after the initial carnage takes place, "Couldn't Stand the Weather" can be heard playing.
Sixteen Candles
- SRV's solo masterpiece "Lenny" can be heard during the scene where Molly Ringwald's character and the dude that has a crush on her are together in a car.
Any other instances of SRV in movies?
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection

Ike

Screenwriter
I've heard the Robert Rodriguez (the director of From Dust till Dawn, El Mariachi, and Desperado) would like (and maybe is going to?) to make a bio-pic of SRV. Maybe someone else can tell you more about this.
I'm not a fan of Stevie, per se, but someone in my family is, so I'm very familiar with his work.

Tom Lowden

Agent
Don't forget the epic film :) "Back to the Beach" where he plays "Pipeline" with Dick Dale while Frankie Avalon tries to impress Annette Funicello.
For those of you who may not know, Pipeline was an early 90's comedy spoof on the "Beach Blanket Bingo" type movies.
[Edited last by Tom Lowden on October 22, 2001 at 01:23 PM]

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
Didn't Stevie Ray Vaughin work with David Bowie on "Cat People?" The song was on the soundtrack and "Let's Dance" I believe.
-Keith

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Dunno if SRV was in the studio with the Thin White Duke for Let's Dance, but I know he was one of Bowie's sidemen in concert around that time. I remember reading a little music news blurb back when Steve Wozniak's US Festival happened in the early '80s, and Bowie performed for a fee of $1.5 million -- he apparently then paid his sidemen (including Stevie Ray) only a couple of hundred bucks each for the gig, at which point Stevie told him to piss off, and embarked full-time on his own, all-too-short career.
------------------
Mark K. Lee
"Life is like a sewer -- what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer

Marshall Alsup

Second Unit
SRV was awesome. I think his music should be in more movies!!! There is talk of the SRV/David Bowie thing on the SRV Behind the Music, but I dont remeber how it turned out.
later
marshall

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks