HELP! Spotted screen

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SteveMc, Jun 10, 2001.

1. SteveMc

SteveMc Stunt Coordinator

OK I am really getting desperate to figure whats up with my Pioneer SD532. I have about 4-5 bluish-green spots (slightly larger than a pencil eraser) in the upper middle portion of my screen. I figured it was on the screen (since I took the protective screen off) but it wasn't on the outside, the I opened it up to see if it was on the inside, and the spots didn't move when I slid the screen. So its not a screen problem, and the mirror looks pratically spotless. I cleaned the crt lenses and they are still there. Look in the reflection of my green CRT, i thought i could see something IN the CRT. I'm not really sure, but is it possible for something to have gotten in there? Suggestions please!! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Crash
    "Even if you were right, that would be one plus one plus two plus one, not one plus TWO plus one plus one..."
    Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here

2. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

Bluish green spots?
    Also check the red CRT and its lenses.
    It is possible for fungus to develop inside the fluid (used for heat dissipation) sometimes used inside the lens assembly of the CRT. If this is the case the lens, possibly the CRT itself if it is all one piece, has to be removed, drained, disinfected, and refilled.
    It is mandatory that the fluid, if drained, be replaced. Otherwise not only will the focusing be incorrect but the CRT will suffer rapid "screen burn".
    Other video hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

3. Matt_R

Matt_R Stunt Coordinator

I had a similar problem when I removed the protective screen off of my Toshiba 40H80... however, the dots were MUCH smaller actually wound up being dust particles on the inside of the screen. They appeared as small blueish greenish dots too. It was easily fixed with another quick spray of dust-off (canned CO2). Hope this helps.

4. SteveMc

SteveMc Stunt Coordinator

Well after being able to get back inside my tv and have a look around i think ifound the problem. After getting into the service mode I was able to toggle the CRTs on/off so I threw up a test signal that showed off the blemish well and turned them on one at a time. Only seems to be there in the red CRT. So i looked at into it with a flashlight and it looks like there is a couple dust particles INSIDE my CRT!! So how the hell does this happen? I've only had in for three months. I looked in the green CRT as well and saw a little something that may have been fungus or something, but it doesn't seem to be affecting it at all.
    Anyways, since this is not on the surface of the CRT i am guessing i will have to call a service tech to come and clean it right? Or is there a way i can do it myself?
    ------------------
    Crash
    "Even if you were right, that would be one plus one plus two plus one, not one plus TWO plus one plus one..."
    Help us get the Friday the 13th films-UNCUT. Click Here or here