Help! Speaker Recommendations!!

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Dan Seliger, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Dan Seliger

Dan Seliger Stunt Coordinator

Jun 17, 2001
    I've recently remodeled my theater and require smaller speakers for my fronts and center. Current speakers are a lighty used set of Klipsch References which are forsale here in the HW forum if anyone is looking!!

I am currently using Klipsch RP5 towers (/w 12" integrated SUB) in the front and a KLF-C7 as my center.

I need something small that can mount on the walls, i am building a stage and the towers take up way too much room.

I was looking at the Definitive Technologies C/L/Rs, anyone have anything to say about these?

Or any other suggestions??

I also need 4 matching surrounds, was looking at the DT stuff there as well.

Will probably bite the bullet and go with an SVS sub and hide it in the back somewhere. [​IMG]

Will be driving the speakers with my Pioneer Elite VSX-49TXi.

Would like to keep it around $1500 - $2000 but a little flexible there depending on the solution.

Thanks for the help!
  2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Feb 1, 2002
    For some small wall mounted speakers, I'd look up Jordan JX92s full range drivers in a small ported cabinet. These go down to like 55hz and provide good clean bass with clean audiophile quality sound.

They sell them at

They cost $140 per driver, plus the cost of prebuilt cabinets at a place like Partsexpress would be about $50 per cabinet. You could also add a simple crossover to them with only a single inductor and one resistor. total cost per speaker will be about $250ea and I think you'd easily get better sound quality than most commercial models in the same price range. The only drawback would be that you have to do a little building (sort of DIY related) and they are not meant to fill a large room with sound.

Some Commercial Bookshelfs to consider:

Polk LSI
    Energy Veritas
    Paradigm Studios
    JBL Studio series (S36 is a wallmount)