What's new

Help: Sony STR DE945 vs. Sony STR-DA4ES ? (1 Viewer)

Alvin Lau

Agent
If I remember correctly, Sammans is only an authorized retail dealer. The only Sony authorized internet dealers are Onecall.com J&R and Crutchfield.

Regardless, Sony is known for not being too particular about where the product was purchased.

Tom Beski

Agent
O.K. Maybe we can put this to bed once and for all:

I just got the following apology e-mail from Sony Customer Service:

QUOTE: I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I made an error in my previous mails. At the zip code "07470", the following are authorized dealers:

SAMMANS
1166 HAMBURG TURNPIKE
WAYNE, NJ 07470
973-696-0733

And I got the following e-mail from Joe Samman of Samman's Electronics:

QUOTE: Good Job Tom....Sony has Authorized dealerships for mail order and Internet dealers......We are an Authorized retail store only. This product can only be sold to you from our retail counter only!!!

Thank you for asking
Joe Samman

Hope that clears it up....I'm going to stop in at Samman's in the next week or so.

Tom

Tom Beski

Agent
Just a brief follow-up to this thread:

I made a "Road Trip" to the now famous Samman's Electronics in Wayne, NJ last night and picked up the Sony Str-DA4ES (Since it was confirmed that they are in fact an authorized Sony-ES dealer).

Not the best show room for a Demo, but since I knew what I wanted by then from other Demos, it didn't matter.

I bought the unit for $619.00 as promised without any problems and hope to spend the weekend setting it up while "Snowed In" here in New Jersey.

Thanks to everybody for their help...

Tom

Dan Joy

Supporting Actor
I bought the unit for $619.00 as promised without any problems and hope to spend the weekend setting it up while "Snowed In" here in New Jersey.
That price just blows me away! I mean every B&M intown that carries ES wont budge off 999.00. 1 year ago I paid 920.00 I think for the DA5ES. Don't get me wrong, I am pleased prices are down, I just hope quality is still there!
Congrats Tom, Enjoy!

Alex Dydula

Stunt Coordinator
Dan,

The quality is still 'here'(?). I bought mine 6 months ago for $640...Its a tank and has played very well for both HT and 2ch. I have a PSAudio 200w/rms 20-20Khz seperate amp and a commercial grade Denon CD player, I have ab'ed them both with the same speakers and several people have tried to tell me the difference, and for the most part....everyone gets confused and has a real hard time telling if the high end seperates amp is in line or the SONY ES receivers amp!!??!!

Seems like once you get above the mass produced stuff you find on the low end...the feather weights Circuit City and Best Buy and Sears stuff you find a more 'quality' type of product, which still is mass produced even the Outlaw stuff! Designed in Durham, N.C. but made at the lowest cost mass producer/manufacturer....ever think about that? Why: To save you money? NO, to make THEM money, and you get the benefits as a concumer, more technology at a lower cost...

There is a great movement in this country to outsource any and all manufacturing out of the country to the lowest bidder, so no matter how good the design and components may be its possible that your going to find weaklinks in everything.

Hopefully with fewer and fewer interconnects and a well engineered design, we will have fewer of these issues...ever look inside of a great set of speakers and see the crap wiring!! (or at least what I would call crap).

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks