HELP - Sony Receiver - REMOTE problem

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Zemens, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Dave Zemens

Dave Zemens Auditioning

Does anyone know why *any* universal remote I have tried will not even power up my Sony DE675 receiver?

In fact, even the remote from my Sony Wega will not run the Sony receiver.

One more thing...the Sony receiver remote will not even work the Sony Wega P.I.P.

So, my needs are simple. I need a single remote to run the Wega with P.I.P, run the Sony 700 DVD player and run the 675 Sony receiver.

If anyone can help, you are my hero!

Dave Zemens

Rochester, Michigan

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    The WEGA remotes do not have the codes for receivers. (actually I'm not sure any TV remotes that do).

Your receiver remote, however, should be able to control the basic functions of your TV. PIP is NOT a basic function and I would not expect it to be on any of the OEM remotes that come with the DE line of Sony's receivers (nor are most of them programmable) I still have my old DE815 (bedroom), and it DID come with a programmable remote, which is why I chose it at the time.

In your case, an aftermarket remote that is either preprogrammed or a programmable remote is your only choice. For around $60, Sony has a programmable remote that should be able to do what you want. If you need more functionality, you will be looking at more $$$.

3. Dave Zemens

Dave Zemens Auditioning

Thanks for the reply, John.

The thing I dont understand is that my Sony receiver remote has a PIP label on it...but, of course the manual is weak on the matter and it does not activate PIP.

Dave Zemens