What's new

HELP! Sony KP-46WT500 or Tosh 42HDX82?? (1 Viewer)

Mikal*Sloan

Auditioning
I'm getting one next week and as I've been pouring over these threads- I'm even more confused!! Any advice from someone with experience with these sets would be helpful. (Price is not a factor)

Thanks!!

Gilbert ^P

Stunt Coordinator
i have the sony and have been very happy with it. they say toshiba stretch modes are excellent for 4*3 viewing but i have no complaints about my widezoom mode. the biggest advantage for the sony over the Tosh is the size which is reason enough for me. Dvd's look great on the Sony. I think the Sony out of the box has better colors but that is debatable. Also tweaking is very easy for the Sony if your into that. It's a tough choice but i went with the sony and have no regrets.

I too grabbed a Sony, no regrets.

The Wide Zoom is fine.

I think if you are looking for out of the box clarity and performance. Sony is the way to go. The tweaking features have been made easier, so if you are looking for advanced tweaking, I'd go another route. If you are looking for simple controls and great picture with ease, go with the Sony.

Also depending on your eye level from which you view your TV, or desire too, you may want to pick up a stand for the TV. I think for most people it would need to be about 5-7 inches higher for a better viewing level, the stand designed for the Sony unit is about 12 inches in height. I luckily have a very low sitting L shaped couched that works perfectly with the TV out of the box. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks