What's new

Help - Shrek is grey on my KP57HW40! (1 Viewer)

Richard_E

Agent
I've tried using Avia to tweak the colors, but even after my home-calibration, Shrek is grey, instead of the green he should be.

I plan on paying for professional ISF calibration in the near future, but in the meantime, it hurts to watch my tv this way! Especially when HBO is broadcasting Shrek in HD!

Any advice??

thanks in advance.

BruceSpielbauer

Second Unit
Richard:
I am not any sort of expert, but a bit of clarification will help the experts here to try to diagnose your problem.

First things first... you mention "Shrek is grey, instead of the green he should be." Hmmm... is this a DVD of Shrek? Iis this color problem only showing up on DVDs? Have you noticed color abnormalities on any other signal (satellite, over the air, cable television, VHS)?

You mentioned you had tried to use Avia to tweak. As I recall, there is one test where they specifically require you to "turn down all of the color saturation" before the test can be properly run. The announcer tells you to do this. Assuming you did, did you remember to turn the color back up after?

Other thoughts... it may help for you to post your
exact video settings (especially the color and tint settings) here, as well. The better the information we have to go on, the better your response is likely to be.

What model TV? What model DVD? How is the DVD connected to the TV? Through the receiver? S-Video? Component? These things may (or may not) be important for us to help you out.

I'll check here occasionally, as I am sure others are as well.

-Bruce

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Check a couple of things out....

1) Crossed wire on Y/Pr/Pb on either end.

2) Loose connection of a component cable.

3) Swap one at a time and see if you have a defective cable on Y/Pr or Pb.

Regards,

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
90% chance its the componenent cable either got pulled or has become loose from the TV or DVD player. Check the cable and I'm sure that should fix your problem. I only say this because it has happened to me.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Richard,
The component cable advice regarding dvd players you've gotten also applies to the component cables between your HD receiver and the set.

I had a problem with a distinct greenish tint on my HD picture which was solved by fixing a loose component cable connection between my HD box and my KP57HW40.

Richard_E

Agent
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I didn't find any cable completely unplugged, but I re-seated all the component cables, and ta-da! Shrek is a vivid green again!! Ahh, I feel so much better.

Thanks for the help. Now I have to go watch a bunch of DVDs again!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks