What's new

Help Setting up Sony STR-DE1075 (1 Viewer)

Craig Morris

Stunt Coordinator
I bought my brother this receiver for Xmas, and now he's having trouble setting it up. He lives in a different city and I can't find the owner's manual online to try and help him.

We've fixed several problems so far, but this one remains. He claims he can't adjust the rear levels independently. Surely this is a mistake. I told him to try playing a 5.1 disc and then running the test tone.

Any Sony owners out there who can help? Thanks.

David John

Stunt Coordinator
I believe that if you run the internal test tones on the sony, you will be able to adjust the surrounds independently.

otherwise, you will only have one level control for the surround speakers.

I'm not sure of this, I have a low end sony in my bedroom.

I will check this out later when i'm home.

You may have to adjust the level of the surrounds, then the balance of the surrounds to get the desired result.

I'm assuming the surrounds are at different distances from the listening position? correct?

Try the test tones first, this may be all you have to do.

Craig Morris

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I wasn't clear. He tried the test tones, and said that the rear channels were operating together, and could not be adjusted independently.

I have yet to hear back from him to see if running the test tone when the receiver was in DD5.1 allowed him to adjust the rears independently of each other.

John Giddens

Stunt Coordinator
To my recollection, to compensate for one rear surround being louder than another, you must adjust balance between the two speakers as there wasn't independent adjustments.

Kyle_W

Agent
yes this is correct, at least on my ES it is, you just turn the surrounds up down and then balance them

Users who are viewing this thread