What's new

Help Setting up Bose Cinemate to Onkyo Tx-SR605 (1 Viewer)

JeffMetzJr

Auditioning
Real Name
Jeff Metz Jr
Hey Guys!
I am new to the forum and this will be my first post.
I am setting up my home theatre system and I have run into a bit of a problem. The Tv I am using is pretty limited with only one HDMI Port. I am using that to connect my tv to my receiver. I have an optical audio cable running from my Tv to the Onkyo receiver. I now want to connect the Bose Subwoofer and L/R Speakers to the Onkyo. I don't know where to connect the Bose Cinemate's Interface module to my Receiver? The interface module only accepts RCA jacks. Just a Left(white) and Right(red). There doesn't seem to be a main Audio output using Stereo RCA style jacks. I plan on using the speaker system for output from all devices connected to Receiver(CD player, Firestick, Dvd, Tv, Cassette deck).
I have attached a photo of each device. Maybe you could tell me where to plug into the receiver. Thanks for the help!
Jeff

Attachments

• back_large.jpg
    back_large.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 481
  • 863464460_tp.jpg
    863464460_tp.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 650

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Probably not going to work. You can connect the Bose to the Onkyo by using the latter’s Tape Output RCA jacks, but you will only get a signal to the Bose from sources (like the Firestick etc.) that are connected to the Onkyo with the same red-white RCA cables - IOW, analog connections only. No signals from digital inputs (HDMI, coax, optical) will feed to the analog outputs.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks