What's new

HELP! Setting up an HK 525 for 6.1??? (1 Viewer)

STLMIKE

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I'm in the process of wiring my surrounds for 6.1, but don't know how to wire the center surround. This is a 7.1 receiver with jacks for "Left and Right surrounds" and also "Left and Right BACK surrounds".

Of course, the manual doesn't tell you how to do this, so do I splice together both positives and both negatives from the back surround jacks and run them to the positive and negatives on the rear center speaker?

Help! I'm starting to long for a Bose Lifestyle system :)

Thanks, Mike

Guyza

Stunt Coordinator
I have an H/K 525 and I use the LEFT rear channel for 6.1 rear center. Works very good!

When calibrating with AVIA I calibrate all other 5 channels and then when done, use the H/K test tone to calibrate the 6th.

Watched BLADE II the other night and I can tell you this movie rocked my 6.1 setup from every angle throughout the whole movie!

Christopher~O

Stunt Coordinator
Use either the L or R output for your single back surround. The same signal goes to both (whether the source is matrix or discrete). I have the 525 and just happened to have 2 speakers to hook up for back surround, but one will work just fine.

Check out the scene in the Haunting (DTS-ES) when they are sitting around the fireplace and a the fire pops. With that rear surround you'll jump right out of your seat!!!

Cheers,
Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks