What's new

HELP! ScreenPlay 4800 + Unusual Loud Noise (1 Viewer)

mckenzig

Grip
My one-year-old SP4800 has recently begun emitting a very loud noise when you switch it on. This noise comes and goes, but sometimes it won't stop and you can barely hear a movie over it. I'm in Canada and no longer have a warranty, so I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if they know how to fix it. Maybe something just needs a little bit of WD40. Any ideas?

Ed B

Stunt Coordinator
If your going to work on the fan I would replace it rather than trying to lube it. There is a chance that some of the oil may get out of the fan and hit something important.

Do some more research into this before opening the unit. Try to find others with the same model and see if they've done anything with theirs.

Ed

Brian Gi

Stunt Coordinator
Might be the color wheel gringing that is becoming increasingly common with X-1/SP4800. Does it whine like a B-52 warming up on the ramp? I thought the warranty was a minimum 2 years?

Brian Gi

Stunt Coordinator
My friends X-1 did the same thing, it still worked but the whining was constant and unbearable. Infocus fixed it in 2 weeks.

josh.payne

Auditioning
I just bought 3 4800's at a surplus store. One of them had a bad whine. I thought it was the fan but it turns out is was the color wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks