What's new

Help Save the Spiderman: WTC Teaser for the DVD! (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
That's a cryin' shame.

Don't they realize that the OMISSION of the teaser will probably bring more negative attention than if it were just included, ala NO BIG DEAL.

My opinion is that it's a great little trailer that should absolutely be included. The concpet that it could also be seen as a small memorium of the WTC tragedy was apparently lost on the Sony powers-that-be.

Color me disappointed, but not surprised.

GaryEA

Second Unit
I will call this censorship ...
I understand how you feel, but I wouldn't label it as censorship. If Superhero Hype is correct in their reporting, I'd call it poor judgement on Sony's part.

It's a shame really. It's one of the best teasers I've ever seen.

-g

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
It certainly is a shame. A glaring omission for an otherwise packed DVD set.
Perhaps they could include it on the Widescreen edition but not the P&S :) :D :laugh:
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :angry:

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Well, it looks like this disc just turned into a rental only for me. The WTC teaser was in my opinion the best teaser trailer that I've ever seen. I think that it's a terrible decision to try and pretend that the towers never existed. It looks like, I'll have a few extra dollars to spend elsewhere come holiday time.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
No sale, Columbia.

NO SALE.

And I loved this movie.

I saw the towers every day on my way home from work. Censoring them from this DVD is cowardly.

Mike

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Just curious...are there any DVDs that have that trailer on it? Like maybe from Total Movie or something?

Mike

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
Why do any of you even care? It's only a trailer, and at first sight, it looked like a Nokia ad that they put before the trailers! And all of those people who say they won't buy it because one teaser is missing...just realize that you're missing out on an entire movie just because of one measly teaser featuring two buildings that no longer stand. Sony may be stupid, but that doesn't mean the disc isn't worth owning regardless of what trailers are on it...

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
Mike_G: The problem is, if they put it on, someone will be offended and/or complain, because some people don't want to even so much as look at the WTC after what happened after 9/11...

Lafe F

Second Unit
I think most of the world could handle seeing the Spidey WTC trailer.

Are we not going to never release the Simpsons WTC episode ?

Are we never going to release Super Mario Brothers movie which features a scene of the WTCs crumbling?

Are people going to destroy the photos of their loved ones who died in the 9/11 tragedy?

I think not!

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Mike_G: The problem is, if they put it on, someone will be offended and/or complain, because some people don't want to even so much as look at the WTC after what happened after 9/11...

The idea of putting it in an Easter Egg has been brought up. That means you have to LOOK FOR IT to get to it. Why do you have a problem with that?

Who will be offended? Who will complain? Lafe makes a good point. Are we supposed to destroy every remaining picture of the WTC now? Are we supposed to alter "Escape from New York"? Oops, gotta edit that scene from Die Hard III. Make a cut to Splash. Don't forget to edit every third episode of "Friends".

Mike

Paul-Gunther

Stunt Coordinator
If the trailer's not on the disc, I won't be buying it; period. If the sight of the towers offends or upsets you so much that you don't want to see it, then don't watch. But there are those of us who want it, and to censor it out of existence because of some sense of political correctness taken to extremes is narrow-minded. Censorship, however noble or good the intention, is always wrong.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
What upsets me is the fact that there are US citizens out there saying images of the WTC towers are 'offensive.' If this society wasn't on a slippery slope to hell before 9-11, we sure are now.

GaryEA

Second Unit
As strongly as I feel that the trailer should be on there, I will still buy the film because the Towers were not removed from the final cut. As distant as they were, they were still there.

Mr. Raimi and company decided upon this and I will applaud it, as well as the the rest of the film, with my purchase.

-g

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
The problem is, if they put it on, someone will be offended and/or complain, because some people don't want to even so much as look at the WTC after what happened after 9/11...
Oh, so WE'RE supposed to be punished because of someone's hyper-sensitivity? I think not. :rolleyes
Oh, no! I need to remove my comparison scenes from "Escape from New York" because the one set of images is the glider heading towards the WTC! Mon Dieu! Zut alors! Someone might be offended because the Towers are there!
God help Peter Jackson for his insensitive title this December!
Okay, okay. Dripping sarcasm off. :D :D :D
IMHO, Sony is being a collective group of morons for doing this. At least make it an Easter Egg so that we can still see it! Twin Towers or not, that is probably THE best preview of any movie that I've seen in a long, LONG time.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
Oh, so WE'RE supposed to be punished because of someone's hyper-sensitivity?
I find this a little bit offensive. I don't think it would be hyper-sensitivity for people who lost friends and loved ones on 9/11. Also, I want to clarify my position; I really don't care whether the trailer's there or not but I'm really tired of people making such a big deal out of it when there are a lot of people out there who still have open wounds from that day.

Aaryn Chan

Supporting Actor
What the hell does Spider-Man has anything to do with Terrorist??

AND BTW, they are gonna release a DVD witth FULL images and footages of 9/11. What's that? That's not wrong? Why can they release documentaries about 9/11 and not a "virtual reality" teaser that contains the World Trade Center. NOTHING to do with terrorist in planes blowing up WTC.

America = strong? I thought people said they "step up".

Poor decision if that's true.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
Also, I want to clarify my position; I really don't care whether the trailer's there or not but I'm really tired of people making such a big deal out of it when there are a lot of people out there who still have open wounds from that day.

If you don't care, WHY ARE YOU IN THIS THREAD?

If they don't want to see the trailer, fine, put it in as an Easter Egg. NOBODY IS POINTING A GUN TO ANYONE'S HEAD TO WATCH IT IF IT'S THERE.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks