What's new

Help Save the Spiderman: WTC Teaser for the DVD! (1 Viewer)

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
It should be included on the DVD. We can't pretend they (WTC) never existed. An introduction by Sam would certainly be appropriate.

Jeff Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I'm all for putting the WTC trailer on the DVD. While I'm opposed to the removal of the towers from the film itsself, it's a change made before the movie is released so it's ultimately acceptable. However, to pretend that the WTC trailer never existed is both an insult to the WTC itsself and to a lesser degree, the fantastic trailer. I think to advertise the WTC trailer as a huge selling point would be in poor taste (Imagine BANNED WORLD TRADE CENTER TRAILER! on the packaging) but it should be made available, whether it's an easter egg or just tastefully presented as just another extra. Some kind of explanatory text or soundbyte would probably be in order for those who don't know the full story. Anyways, if this is a petition, count me in.
I beleive that the WTC teaser trailer SHOULD be included on the DVD, too! They could include some text explaining that it was made and released before 9/11 and pulled from the theater after 9/11. Making it an easter egg would be fine with me.

(Seamless branching could be used to allow the viewer to choose between the pre- and post-modified versions of the movie.)

I am also OPPOSED to removing the WTC from movies, and trying to rewrite history in general. Just because terrorists suceeded in removing it from the NYC skyline, people should not try to remove it from their memories, or from history. If the WTC was there when the movie was filmed, it should remain there.

We should not try to forget what happened on 9/11, or else it could happen again.

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
No WTC teaser = NO SALE.

I'm so sick and f* tired of people getting all worked up over the existance of the WTC in a picture, a movie, whatever. It was a terrible day, a terrible tragedy, I saw it for myself that day, but don't brush the existance of the towers under the rug like they were never there. That's cowardly. I saw the towers every day on my way home from work but I'm not going to get all pissy just because they showed up in an ad, nor am I going to get angry or sad. In fact, there's an ad for a video game that runs in Electronics Gaming Monthly that shows the south end of Manhattan with the towers PROMINELTY shown and the tagline "Unbreakable". Nobody bitches about that and it's been running for 4 months now.

For those of us in the NYC area, the towers were a part of the skyline. Removing them from ads would be an insult to those of us that live here. I completely understand the delicate nature immediately after 9/11 and the need to remove the towers for a little while after that, but it's been 5 months now and it still pains me to see the skyline sans the towers, but I'll be damned if anyone's going to erase them from history.

Mike

Marc_E

Supporting Actor
I personally look for the towers in just about every movie I watch. New York was my backyard growing up and I want to see them. I think it is rediculous to remove them. If it is there, leave it. Include the teaser.

Marc

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
Add my vote to TASTEFULLY include this teaser in the DVD release.

While nothing compared to the tragedy of the attacks, it is to bad this great teaser had to pulled, and I do agree that it was the right move AT THAT TIME.

By now, I think people have had enough time to move on.

The fact that events made this trailer inappropriate at the time gives its inclusion some of the same appeal as deleted scenes, or other ideas or concepts that didn't make the final cut.

It disturbs me more to see people try to act as if the World Trade Center never existed, than to see it in media that comes from when the towers were still standing.

The World Tower Center will ALWAYS be a part of New York City, and seeing the New York skyline without the towers is just as much a reminder as seeing it with them.

I was on my way to the 49th Floor of Tower 1. I used to view the towers from my ride down Rt.78 on my way to work every day. I was running late that day after returning the night before from vacation. I fully understand why some people can't stand to see them, but I know several people and work as a consultant for many companies that used to be in there.

I think the proper way to handle this is not as an Easter Egg, but as a Normal special feature, with a intro, and a Continue after the intro, before seeing any of the unedited trailer.

I too miss seeing them, but I can't forget where I used to go through everyday on my way to my office or our clients.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
thank you very much for the many posts.. I have read them all I understand where some people are coming from that don't want the teaser on there. I understand the others do want the teaser on that. a special thanks to the people who live around that area and also support this petition.

a special thanks to Ron for posting the link at the front page..

JACOB

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
It was a great teaser, and I want it on the DVD. Put it this way, would it have been included had WTC still been standing today? Yes, most likely. So then they should include it now too.

/Mike

Martice

Screenwriter
I want to see the trailer. It's funny that no one gets all misty eyed when they see the towers on shirts or photos all over the city so why should a movie evoke so much emotion.

Put the trailer on the disc.

Mark Ashby

Auditioning
As someone from England I would love to see the WTC teaser on the the disc but can also understand the reason for not including it. I was in New York for the first time a mere ten days before the tragic event and loved the City and the people and was deeply saddened by the event.

Gui A

Supporting Actor
:emoji_thumbsup: Count me in for the trailer. I still have the quicktime version on a cd, but I would really like a DVD quality version.:emoji_thumbsup:

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
I vote to include the old trailer.
IMO,there is no way the towers themselves could be "offensive" to those that lost loved ones as well as any other American.

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
Nope, most english people write with normal sized letters :)
I most certainly think the trailer should be on there. I've been to the WTC, roof, observation deck etc. And I'm not willing to try and forget it. It must be remembered, besides it was a good trailer.
Repressing emotions = not a good long term strategy.
Put on the trailer with a warning screen before you view it, problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks