Help save Battlestar Galactica!....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Nov 14, 2001.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

2. LARUE

LARUE Stunt Coordinator

Will the robot still have that suggestive head?

3. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

So you mean the IL series? I'm sure they wil be redesigned.
    Tom DeSanto is currently trying to find another A-list person to direct, might i suggest Kevin Smith?
    Jeff Kleist

4. Trace Downing

Trace Downing Supporting Actor

Trace Downing
    Kevin Smith? [​IMG]
    I can just imagine loitering around the Viper launch bay...Jet and Silent Boxey. It'd have to be an HBO show.

5. Jeff Kleist

Kevin Smith is a- a big name, and b-understands fanboys
    I would trust him to follow DeSanto's vision and do it properly.

6. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

7. Jason St Louis

Jason St Louis Stunt Coordinator

Fellas please tell me your not going to get a link to those "Aint it cool", losers site to get news ?

Battlestar Galactica needs to come back as a big "huge epic" but we should do all the support of BSG on this "forum!" Getting all those Galactica fans that post on HTF and ask the "Powers to Be" (FOX, Studios USA, Universal Studios) and rally as much support for the new production.

I think is a given, everyone that posts here would like to see a new Battlestar Galactica show!!!. Produced by Tom DeSanto and has the original cast in it with new concepts new ship designs, meaner Cylons, questions explained and more? Within recent weeks the new show has been in trouble and has shown turned down, designs? showing work has been done for the new production? also a petition for the new Galactica to gather fan support for the new show, as well as a petition for a special edition DVD!

As well as a new BSG, we should all go for the Special Edition DVD's and get as many positive stuff on Battlestar passed out to the masses but with months of silent nothing from FOX this won't be easy!

8. Jason St Louis

Since Universal been lazy on getting BSG on DVD can anyone offer any good ideas on putting extras on a "Battlestar Galactica DVD" i've got afew ideas on a extras i would like to see? that i know should still exist!

Extras in season boxsets!

* Battlstar Galactica: uncut Pilot 3hour version(with extended scenes previous cut) with re-mastered picture 5.1 DD&DTS Track

* Battlestar Galactica: 2hour Movie version 5.1 DD

* Music only soundtrack

* Subtitles: in English, Spanish,Portugues

* BSG scripts and unfilmed scripts, all versions for pilot and series episodes

* Deleted scenes archive: *Hours of footage cut from "Saga of a Starworld" (i.e. *Serina sickness subplot,anthem ending, all extended scenes!!!)footage from telemovie versions, Deleted footage from "War of the Gods" *The cloven hoof footage!, alternate scenes.

* Extended longer episodes uncut!

* Battlestar Galactica: Comic book adaptions and novel covers, magazine and annuals covers and information.

* TV Commericals and media coverage

* Outtakes and bloopers

* Photogallery

* Documentary and cast interviews

* Special effects Ducumentary

* Artwork, storyboards and production designs

* Trailers and TV spots

* Boxset coverart and packaging

i hope i didn't go over board on ideas guys? anyone got anything to add!

9. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Jason,
    You missed the commentary track by Jeff Kleist [​IMG]
    Gord

10. Jason St Louis

Thanks for the link Gord Lacey!! i will give it ago sometime in the week. As i want to think of some more ideas?
    Question does any here post on the Battlestar Galactica message boards on the www.sci-fichannelb.boards? [​IMG]

11. Jeff Kleist

Actually, I do know where to find most of the principle people involved in the show. I've been thinking for awhile about getting funding to put together a retrospective documentary. I know people who have all the original props, I know where to find the FX people. Come to think of it, I believe I COULD do a commentary on the pilot [​IMG]
    * Battlstar Galactica: uncut Pilot 3hour version(with extended scenes previous cut) with re-mastered picture 5.1 DD&DTS Track
    Iffy, a lot of material is lost (at least on the sound)including possibly the original stems. I believe that a director's cut can be assembled due to the fact that the series was remastered in the mid-90s. Probably they got the 1.1 track from the mag on the theatrical print, and were able to steer the Sensurround info to the LFE.
    * Battlestar Galactica: 2hour Movie version 5.1 DD
    See before
    * Music only soundtrack
    Iffy, Stu Phillips would probably nix this. Besides, he re-recorded the score in 1999 with the Royal Scottish Philharmonic, and the results are AMAZING! What a performance! I would almost prefer this recording be used on the actual show if possible.
    * Subtitles: in English, Spanish,Portugues
    * BSG scripts and unfilmed scripts, all versions for pilot and series episodes
    You don't want to see the TV movie versions of the episodes, the horror is unspeakable. The unfilmed scripts, at least from Jim Carlson and Terry McDonnell shouldn't be hard.
    * Deleted scenes archive: *Hours of footage cut from "Saga of a Starworld" (i.e. *Serina sickness subplot,anthem ending, all extended scenes!!!)footage from telemovie versions, Deleted footage from "War of the Gods" *The cloven hoof footage!, alternate scenes.
    Cloven hoof footage is a hoax. It was never filmed, I have this from every actor in that scene. Again, much of the footage has been chucked that wasn't used.
    * Extended longer episodes uncut!
    * Battlestar Galactica: Comic book adaptions and novel covers, magazine and annuals covers and information.
    * TV Commericals and media coverage
    * Outtakes and bloopers
    Rainy Daze Productions has exclusive rights to the blooper reel at the moment to my knowlege, they sell it wit hthe BSG Reunion tapes profits from which go to the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS foundation, so if you see any bootleggers selling it, PLEASE report them to Universal. Those kids deserve your cash.
    * Photogallery
    * Documentary and cast interviews
    * Special effects Ducumentary
    * Artwork, storyboards and production designs
    Including the infamous F--- off matte painting [​IMG] I know who has it [​IMG]

12. Michael N

Michael N Auditioning

Hello all!
    Post number one and what better way to start off than in the BSG thread! Hey Jason, I do post at the SciFi BB under the handle of 'LastBattlestar'. Good to see you here spreading the news! I was going to post a link to the revival petition here, but wasn't sure how it would go down with the powers that be! [​IMG]
    Yeah, the Galactica DVD as released was a poor effort, mainly in the sound department. It was interesting to hear the old 'Sensurround' .1 bass channel had survived from the theatrical print. I suppose the picture was acceptable considering the age of the show, but had the nasty side effect of highlighting the bluescreen compositing effects. You can see the support poles sticking out of the model ships! I guess anamorphic widescreen and 5.1 is too much to ask these days?
    Richard Hatch (Apollo) had originally envisioned a BSG DVD release of the series featuring lost footage, interviews with the stars etc. some time ago. However, under Universal's mission to erase Richard's new vision for the show, the DVD as we see it now was quickly released. [​IMG]
    Please visit BattlestarGalactica.com and sign the current petition for the return of the show. Things are hanging in the balance, however over 8000 signatures were collected in one week! This show is indeed a sleeping giant. I remember a small show called Star Trek being given another chance!
    All the best, Mike, Australia

13. Jason St Louis

Thanks for the reply Jeff, but are you sure on the "Cloven hoof footage thing"

I'm not douting your word if your a "Galactica Expert" but i'm sure during the "Maximum press" run of Galactica comics and "Realm press" the fan mail pages, pointed to the footage being filmed (Even the Sci-fi Universe issue of June 1995 said we were to see "Demons" in the ship!) and also i read somwhere Anna Lockhart was in an alternate scene and saw the foot and laughed, because it was paper mache looking thing? If its a hoax then i'm not laughing, but i find it to be common knowledge in BSG fandom (It's better than John Strauss article of Cain's body in the Wreckage)

Funny you should bring up the Telemovies footage i brought it only last week and i know what you mean by "bad" over here in the U.K. we have the BSG Collection boxset and it has some of the Telemovies but i was worth it, to see "War of the Gods" i little longer? (It does not have all the scenes that have been said to be longer?)

Good to hear from you too Michael N? as you can see i've come to HTF to talk movies, TV shows and the such? The Sci-fi boards have too many people posting like it's the "Aint it cool site" and flame each other! I don't like flaming it immature and foolish! (and i still don't like RGrant? by the way)i came here to be positive about many topics On the "Movies" thread i'll talk about getting "Superman 2 Richard Donner cut! and Star Wars (looking forward to next year?) and here i will talk BSG and other TV shows?

So tell me guys what realistic extras can a Galactica DVD have then?